The Tartan Tribune
McCullough Junior High School - Summer Edition July 21, 2022
Tentative Dates 2022-23 School Year
The following dates have been tentatively set for the 2021-22 academic year:
July 28 - Incoming Eighth Grade Orientation
July 29 - Incoming Seventh Grade Orientation
Aug. 4 - Highlander 101 - Football 7 p.m. Bock Auditorium
Aug. 6 - Football Equipment Issued to Players
Aug. 10 - First Day of School
Aug. 11 - Open House 7th Grade 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Aug. 15 - Open House 8th Grade 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Aug. 15 - Tryouts Begin for Volleyball, Cross Country, and Off-Season Basketball
Aug. 24 -25 - School Pictures Taken Through History Classes
Oct. 6 - School Picture Retakes
Dec. 13 - Dec. 16 Midterm Exams
Dec. 16 - Student Half Day
Jan 4 - First Day of Spring Semester
Jan. 19 - 20 Spring Pictures
May 22 - May 25 Final Exams
Counselors and Administrators 2022 - 23
- Jesenya Garcia, email@example.com, 7th grade students with last names A-K
- Jana Goforth, firstname.lastname@example.org, 7th grade students with last names L-Z
- Jenny Wheeler, email@example.com, 8th grade students with last names A-K
- Alex Schultz, firstname.lastname@example.org, 8th grade students with last names L-Z
- Crystal Scott, email@example.com, 7th grade students with last names A-K
- Delvin Sims, firstname.lastname@example.org, 7th grade students with last names L-Z
- Craig Harbin, email@example.com, 8th grade students with last names A-K
- Farrin Ormes, firstname.lastname@example.org, 8th grade students with last names L-Z
- Jill Houser, email@example.com
Orientation - July 28 for 8th Graders, July 29 for 7th Graders
If school supplies were ordered through the PTO, they will be available for pick up at orientation.
The child, or the child's official parent/guardian must be present to pick up materials. Students' schedules will only be available during their time slot so that the line will move quickly for all. For purchase of materials please note that some areas will be able to accept credit cards and others cash/check. Having both payment options available will make for a smoother experience.
Orientation Lite - Monday, August 1st and Tuesday August 2nd
Please enter the building on the west side near the Bock auditorium for the evening session from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Monday, 8/1. We will have a table set up to hand out maps and schedules. Administrators and counselors will be on hand to answer questions and help with directions as parents and students walk their schedule.
After August 2nd, schedules will be available at the front office during office hours from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day through August 9.
TWHS/McC Red Green 2022-23 Calendar
Red Day classes are numbered 1 through 4 and Green Day classes are numbered 5 through 8. This numbering system should make it easier for students to understand their schedules.
Please click on the links below to view the Red and Green Day Calendar and the Conroe ISD Calendar for the 22-23 Year.
If you ordered school supplies from the PTO, they will be available for pick up at orientation.
School Supplies: Limited Online Sales: PTO has a very limited number of school supplies packs available for $63 each: https://mcculloughpto.weebly.com/school-supplies.html
**Please note: school supplies will NOT be available for purchase at Orientation.**
Open House Dates
Open House Dates - 2022-23
8th Graders - August 15th
- The evenings will run classes of 1-4 Red followed by classes of 5-8 Green as we cover two days of classes in one night.
- Class meetings will begin at 6:00 p.m. and conclude at 8:00 p.m.
- Parking will be available on both the west and east sides of campus.
- The PTO will be available if you would like to join or purchase school related clothing.
- District police will be on site to help with traffic dismissal.
- Carpooling is something to consider and may be of assistance as traffic will be extremely heavy.
- Students from various organizations will be available to help you find your destination.
- Official copies of student schedules and campus maps will be delivered home by your child to indicate your path to follow on these evenings. Additionally, extra schedules and maps will be available in The Commons.
McCullough JHS PTO News
McCullough JHS PTO
We are looking forward to seeing everyone at orientation!
First of all, we would like to thank everyone for their generous support last year. Thanks to your contributions, the McC PTO was able to provide a new audio/visual system implemented in the cafeteria. This was greatly appreciated by both the students and staff. The PTO was also able to serve our teachers and staff an appreciation lunch every month.
Orientation is just around the corner and to make things easier for you so you won't have to wait in line, we would like to offer online options!
Please consider supporting our PTO by purchasing a membership. This is our main fundraiser and a basic membership is only $25 and will get you a student directory. If you'd like to save a step at Orientation, here is the link to purchase 2022-2023 PTO Memberships.
We also invite you to stop by the McCullough Spirit Wear table and see all the new merchandise. **Online purchases will be available for pick-up at Orientation.
Interested in helping out at McC Orientation? Please see the link below for volunteer opportunities on July 28 and July 29.
There are also many volunteer opportunities. If you would like to get involved please fill out the Membership & Volunteer form below.
Hope to see you all soon, Go Highlanders!!!
McCullough JHS Contact Information
24-hour Attendance Line...............832.592.5111