EHS Class of '21-Today's the Day!
June 5, 2021
Graduation Ceremony - Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 2:21 p.m. - OUTDOORS
Eagan High School Stadium
- Graduates must report to the EHS Gym starting at 1:40 p.m and no later than 2 p.m. They are to park in the South (faculty) lot and enter the building through the South entrance (‘horseshoe’ driveway area). We reserve the East lots for our guests.
- The seniors will proceed downstairs to the Main Gym. Seniors will pick up their diploma name card from their Gym seats and remain seated, in the correct place. Be in place in the Gym no later than 2 p.m. We expect to be walking out of the Gym in processional order to the Stadium with participating faculty members by 2:10 p.m.
- Cold water in bottles will be given to each participant as they leave the building for the field- Seniors should not bring other bottles or containers.
Social distancing and masks are no longer required as determined by MN Department of Health and the CDC. Subsequently, masks or social distancing are not required for this event. However, it is still advised that individuals who have not been vaccinated wear masks when attending events larger than 500 people. We anticipate over 3000 people will be attending graduation on Saturday.
- The ceremony has been planned by the senior class to be dignified and formal; we expect graduates to honor that decision and dress accordingly. Caps and gowns may not be altered in any way for the ceremony.
- The ceremony is on the new turf field in the stadium, therefore, flat soled shoes must be worn. High heeled shoes will puncture and get caught in the turf carpet. This will be unsafe and will invalidate the warranty on our new turf field.
- We will not be allowing family members on the turf field before or after the ceremony. Please plan to meet your graduate at the school area outside of the stadium after the ceremony.
- The Stadium opens at 1:21 p.m. to the public. No tickets are required if we are outdoors.
- Both the visitor and the home bleachers will be available. Families may also choose to bring lawn chairs and/or blankets and sit in the grassy hill area to the south of the field. Sorry, no tents or canopies will be allowed in the stadium.
- Guests for the ceremony may bring in water or purchase it from the vendors in the Concessions area.
- The ceremony will begin promptly at 2:21 p.m. with the processional of graduates and faculty. The ceremony will end at approximately 3:40 p.m.
- Rain or shine, the air-conditioned Auditorium will also be open for those who prefer to be inside. Entrance to the auditorium will be allowed by 1:45 p.m.
with open entry - no tickets.
The ceremony is broadcast live on E-TV on channel 20 and live-streamed at www.eagan-tv.com for those who prefer to watch from home in Eagan. It will be re-broadcast throughout the summer.
Graduation Fee and Return of all Items, Payment of Fines
Today, graduates can pay with cash or check after the ceremony in the counseling office.
All credits required for Graduation must be completed in order to receive diplomas.
Lifetouch Photos of All Graduates in the Ceremony
Commencement photography is coming!
1. Visit events.lifetouch.com
2. Sign up and receive notifications when your photos are available
3. Order your graduation pictures online
What to expect:
- Everyone will be photographed as the senior approaches the stage and on the stage.
- Photos will be online at events.lifetouch.com 2-6 weeks after the ceremony
- Complimentary proofs mailed to graduates
- No obligation to purchase
NOT PARTICIPATING IN THE CEREMONY?
We will offer additional pickup of diplomas and drop off of any items to return on Wednesday, June 9 from 11 AM - 2 PM at the East Entrance. Any graduate who wishes to come to campus and take a photo in their cap and gown is welcome to use the East Entrance outdoors entry for that photo.
PARKING AND ENTRANCE TO THE VENUE ON Saturday, JUNE 5th.
Our East lot (lower level) and Stadium lot will be reserved for families and guests of graduates. Stadium entrances are on the south end of the field. Once those lots are full and closed, the next choices are the Northview Park lots off of Northview Park Blvd. (near the Tennis courts). Please be aware that parking restrictions on neighboring streets will be enforced.
If we need to move indoors, the entrances to our Gym are on the north side through the Auxiliary Gym doors, or the East entrance of the school. Please do not park in the South Lot – it is reserved for faculty, staff and graduates.
Diplomas will be issued to students who have met all requirements for graduation. Diplomas may be held pending final grades/transcript, payment of fees or fines, and return of text or library books and technology equipment. PSEO seniors should please check their status with their EHS counselor to avoid any problems with needed PSEO credits/grades. Call 651-683-6921 to reach the Counseling Office.
Immediately after the ceremony on June 5th (or June 6th if necessary) graduates will proceed to the classrooms near the Attendance Office to pick up their diploma (signs will be posted) from approximately 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Room #184 last names A – B
Room #185 last names C – F
Room #186 last names G - I
Room #187 last names J - L
Room #188 last names M - N
Room #189 last names O - R
Attendance Window last names S -Z
Counseling Office - seniors with Fees/Fines/items to return
Diplomas that are not picked up the afternoon of graduation will NOT be mailed out; this includes both on- and off-campus graduates. Come to the Counseling Office any weekday beginning Monday, June 7 and throughout the summer between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to receive the diploma. We urge all graduates to pick up their diploma as soon as possible, or have a family member do so.
Caps and Gowns - cords included! Be sure to try on the gown!
If a senior needs to pick up their package, they should stop in the main office each school day.
What do the cords mean if a senior received them?
Gold Cord - Summa Cum Laude - Top 10% of the graduating class by GPA
Silver Cord - Magna Cum Laude - Top 11-20% of the graduating class by GPA
White Cord - Active member of National Honor Society
Blue and Gold Cord - AVID senior
Blue and Green Cord - Honors Graduate (at least 24 credits of AP, CIS and Honors earning a C or better in the class)
Red and Silver Cord - Active member of the National Forensic League
Multi-colored Cord - Active member of National Art Honor Society
Green and Silver Cord - Active member of the National Business Honor Society
Senior Academic Awards for 2021
Returning Books and Other Items - including iPads
If a senior has items to return today, Graduation Day, please do so after the ceremony in the Counseling Office.