Fun Things To Do When You've Finished Your Work!
NASA Space Place
Chrome Music Lab
Zamboni - How It Works
Arnold's Lost His Organs
Create Text-To-Speech Animations
Create puzzles, movie posters, magazine covers, mosaics, calendars, billboards and more
BuiLD YouR WiLD Self - create human / animal hybrids through New York Zoo
Make New Animals!
Create Your Own Comic Strips
Dr. Seuss Text Generator
Darfur Is Dying Game
iCivics - Interactive Presidential Games
Ampville - The Electric City
A virtual village where users can learn about electricity, circuits and electrical safety.
- Sketch Toy is an intriguing, online drawing tool.
- No membership is required.
- Click in the blank graph paper to begin drawing.
- Click buttons/menus to adjust the line size and color, undo, or erase. Note that you must click Erase a second time to turn it off!
- Set your line to vibrate using different options.
- One of the best features of this site is the ability to take an image from your desktop and drag it onto the drawing screen. Once your image is on screen, use the image to trace and create a stencil.
- Then choose "SAVE" to view your artwork in a step-by-step replay.
- Copy the image URL and/or share using social networks.
- Going to the URL will "play back" the drawing process. Click Refresh to watch it over again.
- You can also download your image.
- This tool works nicely on tablet browsers.
Important: Be SURE to save your image URLs in Favorites or paste them somewhere so you can find them again later. With no registration, you have no way of "saving" your works of art within the tool!
Fun With Google
Here are some tricks and games the programmers at Google have tucked away in their search engine for your entertainment:
- Weather- Google presents an interactive card with weather information
- Sunset, sunrise- Want to know when Mr. Sun will be showing up or checking out in your area?...
- Do a Barrel Roll—See the results page roll over.
- I’m feeling curious or fun fact—Snag random trivia and the chance to get additional fun factoids. Warning: This can be the beginning of an addiction!
- Askew—The results appear slightly tilted to the right.
- Google Gravity- Click on the first search result and watch Google fall to the ground. The site is still usable so type in a different seach after it falls.
- Google in 1998—The page will look like it did about 18 years ago.
- Super Mario Bros—View an info card to the right with details about the game. Added bonus: Click the coin block to collect coins and earn a 1up.
- Zerg Rush—Watch your search results get attacked by the Google Os, which you can defeat by clicking on them.
- Flip a coin—Prompts a card with an animated coin flip.
- Roll a die—Prompts a card that randomly rolls a standard six-sided die.
- Anagram—Triggers a response asking, “Did you mean: Nag A Ram.” (Get it? Ha, ha!)
- Google Pac Man - to play an online version of the game
- Atari Breakout - then click on "images"; the images shown will turn into a breakout game
Every Last Drop
The online Inspirograph, as creator Nathan Friend calls it, lets you swap in gears of different sizes and choose pretty much any color your computer's screen can display. And while you don't get that highly satisfying feeling of pen on paper as you make endless loops, it's impossible to mess up your design on this version, unless you accidentally refresh the page.
Select color, size, shape, etc., then click and drag to move the gear for drawing.
Doodle 4 Google
Doodle 4 Google is an annual contest open to students in grades K-12. Students are invited to create their own doodle for the chance to have it featured on the Google homepage. See this year's winners and get information for future contests.
CSI: The Experience
Learn more about forensic science, rookie training and cases to solve.
A Google A Day
We ask a question
"An 11-foot bird lives less than two miles from 30.891383,-102.885032. What's his name?"
You find the answer
Put your search skills and Google's tools to use. For instance, you can enter 30.891383, -102.885032 right inside the search bar, and learn that it's directly in the center of Ft. Stockton, TX. A quick Search for [Giant bird ft stockton TX] (or perhaps you're the adventurous type who'll "walk" there in Street View) and you'll have your bird: Paisano Pete.