What's Cooking at Combs
Just a pinch of the great things we see...
Ingredients of Success...
- Kids building Merry Go Rounds!
- Singing and Dancing to an African Folk Song
- Heard while playing a game in PE: "Think about your strategy.” “Don’t give up. Persevere.”
- Finishing a multimedia piece of flower art. Children explaining it was in the style of Hunterwasser
- Guided Reading and stations in full effect!
- Using a "Quiet Signal" for redirection
- A 5th grader explained, "We just finished a book called One Grain of Rice where the rice doubled everyday; we are doing the math to see how many grains we would have to give on the 30th day. Other students working on clipboard math; the teacher was working with students
- Students working on matching text clues with inferences; guided reading groups in effect
- Students “going shopping” for books
- Student celebration for filling the “personal best bucket”
- 3rd graders were modeling & talking about detailed descriptions in writing journals
- Using LEGO Build-to-Express to build a model that shows the needs of a plant
Instructional Rounds are in full swing!
Second Grade Teachers participating in Instructional Round
Deductive Reasoning in 2nd Grade
Shawn Maggiolo provides Ms. Boatwright's Class with fun challenges!
Curriculum Nights were a huge success!
Thank you for making all of our families feel welcome at our annual Curriculum Night! Your classroom activities kept all families engaged!