The Smalls Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Katie's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Le Andra's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher's Email: email@example.com
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Remind Me App.
PTO and Vacations
Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Asking a teacher will get you no where. Please email Mr. Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates and Birthdays
TRIVIA: Over 34 million Americans are of Irish descent. That's more than 9x the
population of Ireland.
March 15 Closed for Teacher's Conference
- April 15th & 16th: Parent Teacher Conferences
-April 24th: Administrative Professionals Day - be sure and thank our Admin team for all their hard work!
-June 7 - Closed for Family Fun Day!
It has been a busy February. With 4 one year olds having transition days, we have been finding courage. Isabelle and Jack seem to be spending more time with the Jr. Scouts, while Harrison and Evelyn are hanging with the Smalls. We are having so much fun with Archie in the class. He is adjusting so fast, and loves being with us. We are also excited to welcome Jack and Maryn to our family this month.
IN THE CLASSROOM
Gross Motor: Walk walk walk. 7 out of 9 of us are up and moving. Balance is what we are focusing on. We stand on one foot, and reach above our heads to get balls. The smallest ones, spends most of the time on the floor, learning to reach and roll.
Social-Emotional: We are trying to turn our signs into words. The older Smalls are pushing boundaries, and we are using the words no thank you and positive reinforcement to change our actions. We are letting the kids know that it is nice to share. The big kids are sitting beside the babies during bottles, and learning patience.
Sensory, Art, Science
Getting into serious play!
Just a reminder to new parents, we like to touch and explore all kinds of things that will enter the mouth. if ever you are concerned with a food allergy, or an ingredient, please mention it. We always make it nontoxic of course.
Snack Math. We count it all! We never miss an opportunity to practice math. Patterns help children learn sequencing and to make predictions. Understanding patterns helps your understanding patterns helps your preschooler’s social development because it instills in them an understanding of the sequence of everyday routines, such as taking turns while playing or following school rules, such as raise your hand, wait to be called on, share what you have to say.
Each one of the babies, show such dramatic personalities. We are talking with the kids about Caring for each other. Dramatic play teaches self-regulation. Preschoolers are known for acting with impulse, so dramatic play is a great stepping stone for learning to self-regulate their emotions and actions. We are learning to interact together instead one on one or by ourselves. we are practicing sharing and handing things to each other when asked.
Zoophonics: phonics, teaching how letters and syllables correspond to sounds.
Zoo-phonics® is a method developed to make children strong readers and spellers using a “phono” (hearing), “oral” (speaking), “visual” (seeing), “kinesthetic” (moving), and tactile (touching)—whole brain approach. Students actually learn the sounds of the alphabet and advanced phonemic concepts through an easily understood, concrete method of presentation. Zoo-phonics® uses animals drawn in the shapes of the letters for ease in memory. There are links attached below where you can check out more about Zoophonics.
Tax Time is Approaching...
Dear Tot Spot Families,
I am sending this email because we are getting close to the end of the year and therefore close to tax season. Because of our changes from Rapid Tuition to Tuition Express there will be two-year end summaries (a mid year summary for Rapid Tuition and a year-end summary). I emailed all our families when we transferred from Rapid Tuition at the time of the change, so please check your email history for that email. As far as Tuition Express, every family has direct access to your billing receipts through www.myprocare.com . If you have already signed up with www.myprocare.com you are ahead of the game. However, if you have not, you can register from this link www.myprocare.com. You will use the email you received this message from to login. If you have any problems, please let me know.
The Role of Luck in Life Success Is Far Greater Than We Realized
LUCK n.1.That which happens to a person; an event, good or ill, affecting one's interests or happiness, and which is deemed casual; a course or series of such events regarded as occurring bychance; chance; hap; fate; fortune; often, one's habitual or characteristic fortune; as, good, bad, ill, or hard luck
I'm super excited for some Spring books this month...are you?? Check out all the deals for this month!! Scholastic will be sent out March 12th and will orders will be due March 21st. Our online code is HQ686
“When you think things are bad,
when you feel sour and blue,
when you start to get mad . . .
you should do what I do!”
So begins the terrific advice of the wise old man in the Desert of Drize. This classic book provides the perfect antidote for readers of all ages who are feeling a bit down in the dumps. Thanks to Dr. Seuss’s trademark rhymes and signature illustrations, readers will, without a doubt, realize just how lucky they truly are.
The Parent's Spotlight
Would you like to donate?
- Baby puzzles
- Food Coloring
- Musical Instruments
- Empty Clean Plastic Jars (Mayo, PB, etc. Jar)
- EXPO Dry Erase Marker Cleaning Spray
- Scrap Paper
- Salt - Regular and Rock Salt
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
Question: If you could give up one household chore which would it be and why?
- Ms. Stacey: DISHES!
- Ms. Alisha: Clean the restroom because it’s the only chore I may do upon occasion. Thank you to my darling hubby who does everything else!
- Mr. Mike: Dust because of allergies!!!
- Ms. Le Andra: Dishes for sure!! I'm horrible because I wait until I have a full sink and then it's just gross and takes FOREVER!!
- Ms. Katie: I would give up folding laundry. It takes forever and just when I think I'm done, another basket seems to magically appear. I would also love to never match socks again. I mean, really, where do all the matches go?!
- Ms. Erin: Doing the dishes because there's always a new dish to wash more often than any other chore
- Ms. Rachel: Laundry! I hate having to sort my clothes and hang the half I don’t want to shrink!
- Ms. Kayla: Sweeping, the dust pan never picks up everything, I’d rather just vacuum
- Ms. Mikayla: Laundry. It used to be dishes until I moved and got a dishwasher. But laundry is never ending.
- Ms. Maggie: I would eliminate cleaning. I would eliminate cleaning because it takes too long, boring and I am not very good at it
- Ms. Crystal: Cleaning up the bathroom in a house of boys!!!
Because they are boys!
Ms. Alex: Putting laundry away! I have piles everywhere!!
Ms. Kit: Dishes..it's a never ending chore