"Lead all about it" - October 9, 2020
Emery, Lakota, Julia, and Maviryck are recreating an oldie but a goodie - YMCA. Thanks Ms. Short for teaching the younger generation.
Fall is in the air
Mrs. Stroup's classroom got masked up and gathered for a quick classroom photo.
Mrs. Gragg's classroom took advantage of the warmer weather to take their reading outdoors. Delaeney looks very relaxed soaking up some good Vitamin D.
Here are the plans for our Reid Halloween Festivities on Friday, Oct. 30.
- We will be having a Halloween parade beginning at 1:40. The parade will leave Reid and travel up Seneca Street to Hegel and back down Clarence Street through the playground parking lot and up the ramp.
- Virtual learners are invited to join our parade if they wish. Please park near bus garage or along the street and meet us at the corner of Seneca and Erie at 1:40 to start our parade. Virtual learners must be accompanied by one adult. At the end of the parade there will be a designated area on the playground lot for our virtual learners to stop and see the end of the parade go by. (Map to come.)
- Families are invited to view the Reid parade from anywhere outside along the parade route. Students will be coming up the ramp at the end for a good viewing option.
- Students and families are reminded to practice distancing.
- Parade participants and viewers will be required to wear masks.
- If it rains or snows (it’s MICHIGAN) the parade will be canceled.
- The Parade will be recorded (and later posted to our Reid FB page) if you are unable to attend but would still like to view our costumes.
- Each class will hold their own Halloween festivities in their classrooms. Unfortunately, families are not able to attend.
- Please have your child bring their costume to school. Try to avoid anything that is too difficult for them to put on themselves.
- Please adhere to the following guidelines: NO weapons or gory costumes. Keep in mind we have young children in the building and we want to ensure that everyone feels comfortable and safe.
Pumpkin Patch - Get your pumpkins here!
Come check out our harvest located at the front of Reid Elementary. Pumpkins can be purchased on a donation basis. A mailbox with the words "Pumpkin donations" will be in the front foyer if you should decide to make a purchase.
UPDATED - Spirit Week spirit days
To get us fired up with school spirit, we will have a spirit week, 10/12 - 10/16.
Monday: PJ day - make sure to wear shoes for recess - no footed pjs.
Tuesday: Fancy clothes day/Picture day
Wednesday: Rainbow day- wear rainbows or dress in as many colors as you can!
Thursday: Sport team day - wear your favorite sports team proudly.
Friday: Martian day - wear Goodrich Martian clothing or blue and gold.
Our Children's Center students use these areas every day (weather permitting) and to ensure their safety, we will need to abide by the above rules. These areas are also closed at dusk.
Signs are posted with times of availability. Please feel free to share this information.
Thank you for helping us create a safe environment for our students.
Trunk or Treat candy donations due to school office by October 19.
School dress code/Locker extra clothes
No open toe shoes for our students. The playground is covered in wood chips and they poke the toes of uncovered feet, sometimes leading to splinters.
Also, please make sure your student has seasonally appropriate extra change of clothes in their locker.
Drop off items - front foyer
Families, in order to minimize Covid exposure, we are asking that you drop off any forgotten items in the cubby shelves inside the front doors. Please make sure your student's name is on the item (post its will be available). Then you can call us and let us know that an item is there and the office will make sure your student receives the item. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
- Move up all the way to the front cone if you are first in line or when the line moves along.
- Move up tight to the car in front of you so we can maximize the number of cars that can unload or load at one time.
- DO NOT text while moving along in the caravan line!
- Have your child ready to exit the vehicle on the passenger side when it is their turn.
- At pick up, remind your child to be watching for your vehicle.
- At pick up, remind your child to wait until the cars near theirs stop before moving toward their car.
- Thank you for helping to keep the caravan process safe and efficient.
Reporting an absence
If your student receives an alternative diagnosis (strep, sinus infection, etc.) please have your doctor give you a written excuse that includes the diagnosis and return that to the school. Thanks again for your diligence in this matter.
Free and Reduced lunch applications
At this time, lunch is free for all students, however, this program will end 12/31/20 or when the funds are depleted. If you think you may qualify for free and reduced lunch, please follow the link below and complete an application and return to the school office. Please complete the application at this time to help us plan.
Student Health Check
Please help us keep everyone healthy by preforming a daily health check on your child including taking a temperature. Please do not send your child to school if they are experiencing any of the symptoms described below.
Reid Facebook Page
- All students can learn.
- Every child grows under the conditions and at the time that's right for them.
- In teaching the whole child.
- All children have the potential to do great things!
- All children can learn, we just need to find the way to teach them.
- In growing the whole child—socially, emotionally, academically.
- Each child can make a difference!
- All students can be a leader
- Students learn best when actively engaged