Monthly Memo from the Principal
Mrs. Robbins- September 2019
Based on feedback you provided in the parent/student surveys this spring, we will be providing this monthly memo as an attempt to keep our community up-to-date on how things are going at PHE and keep you informed on important dates and events.
I would like to take this opportunity to share a few things about myself and family. This is my fourth year as the proud principal of Pleasant Hill Elementary. I actually opened PHE as a kindergarten teacher 16 years ago. This is my 20th year in education and in Leander ISD. I have taught at the following schools:
Whitestone Elementary (Kindergarten)
Pleasant Hill Elementary (Kindergarten)
Leander High School (Ready, Set, Teach!, Cheer, ACE/Health)
Rouse High School (Assistant Principal)
River Place Elementary (Assistant Principal)
I have four children, Emma (10th grade), Reagan (6th grade), Carter (5th grade), and Reece (Kindergarten). I am excited and proud to have two of my children on our campus this year (see pictures below). My husband is an assistant principal at Leander High School and has been there for nine years. We are proud to be part of the Leander Way! I am very connected to this community and care very much about our students and families. I will continue to work hard for you all and for what is best for our students. As always, please email me if you ever have any concerns or comments that I can assist with here at PHE (or anywhere for that matter).
Principal of Pleasant Hill Elementary
Fun at the Husky Hop!
Love my team!
Marcia Fields- Assistant Principal
Megann Gallagher- Instructional Coach
The one and only Charlie Rouse!
Mr. Rouse helped us kick off the school year and reminded us of how far we have come in Leander ISD, but the culture remains the constant.
Communication at PHE
- Phone Calls/Messages (from teachers and/or administrators)
- Weekly Updates (from your classroom teacher)
- Monthly Updates (from the principal)
- News from the Hill (front office email each Sunday)
- Twitter (follow us @PHEHuskies and @hrobbinsPHE; use the hashtag #get2PHE)
- Facebook (Plesant Hill Elementary -Leander ISD)
- School Website (http://phe.leanderisd.org)
- Teacher Website (accessible through PHE website)
- District Website (www.leanderisd.org)
- Wednesday Folders (come home in backpacks each week)
- Emails (sent via Insider when needed)
- Teacher Remind 101 accounts (see teacher)
- Classroom Apps (teacher initiated- Bloomz or Google; Classroom Dojo is NOT allowed)
- Husky Huddle (every Friday at 7:45 AM in the gym; all are welcome to attend)
Please let us know if you are having difficulty with any of the above-listed modes of communication. We want to make sure you have access and the information needed for your Husky! Please note that the phone numbers/emails on file with us will be used when necessary to communicate. Please update in the front office as needed.
Overtime with the PHE Administrators: Mrs. Robbins and Mrs. Fields
See you there!
What are "O" days?
Healthy Husky Morning Workouts
Morning workouts are starting next week! Workouts will be held every Monday and Wednesday starting September 4th. We will be playing the Wii and other games around the gym. We will be open from 7:20-7:40 AM on these days and are open to all grades. Just a couple of reminders:
- Make sure you eat breakfast before you come in the gym. There will not be time after morning workout to eat in the cafeteria.
- Backpacks will be placed on the wall of the gym or can be dropped off in their classroom.
We want YOU!
SAVE the DATE! Annual Watch DOGS and Super MOMS Kick Off!
Not a member of PHE PTA...join NOW!
Single memberships are $6.50 and double memberships are $11.00. Buy a PTA Bundle for $15.00 and get your yearly membership plus a PTA t-shirt. Check out the PHE PTA on Facebook at Pleasant Hill Elementary PTA or on Twitter @ptahuskies. Please join today and support our campus!
Did you know???
Sensory Times and Room
Labor Day- Monday, September 2nd- NO SCHOOL
Early Release Day- Wednesday, September 25th; students will be released at 11:45 AM
Add money $ to your Husky's cafe account here...
8 little ducks went walking one day...
Caution duck crossing!
These 8 ducklings and their mom were safely escorted towards their pond!
Thank you Beth Lee, Jeff Tatum, Laura Armour and Marcia Fields for your help!