Ney Library Information
Top 10 Things You Need to Know About Your LMS
1. I Am Your Tech Rep
- We have two Tech Reps: myself and Amy Scott.
- I will handle teaching Digital Citizenship lessons again this year, but you need to cover it throughout the year, too.
- Wayfind Assessment should be done in the Fall this year (less chaotic time of year)
- Everyone needs to check/reset their profiles in Eduphoria. Make sure you choose the right campus.
- I no longer have to be the go-between with you and Help Desk. If you have a problem, feel free to ask me for help, but I may send you to Help Desk.
- Help Desk icon (fastest way) on B*Connect or ext. 39100
- Student naming schemes will be the same. If a student can't login, log a ticket with Help Desk
- We MUST be diligent about taking care of devices. Chromebook broken? Campus expense.
- NEVER move a phone! Directions for logging into a phone are on B*Connect
- I will pass out all tech equipment later this week (hopefully)
2. I Am A Teacher Librarian
This is my 21st year in education. I taught first grade for ten years before becoming a LMS. My first job description is that I TEACH. Please use me as a resource.
3. I Will Pull Materials For You
- Please use this form to request materials from me this year.
- Give me a couple of days notice, please.
- Remember, I will find print AND digital resources for you. Just tell me what you need!
4. I LOVE to Collaborate!
- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know when you have a project or lesson you would like help with.
- We can plan together, create lessons together, and even implement our ideas together.
- Let me take some of your burden.
- I can also lead book studies. Currently have a group study set of books ready for a study...just ask about it!
6. I Manage Many Reading Programs
- Accelerated Reader- a few changes to come. Click here for a user guide
- Texas Bluebonnet List
- Great Texas Mosquito List
- Name That Book Competition
- Genre Bingo
- End of Year Reading Celebration
- Dog Tag program
7. Our Library is Getting Genre-fied!
- What is genrefying?
- How will this affect you/your students?
- When will this be complete?
8. MackinVia is Our Friend
- What is MackinVia?
- How do you access MackinVia?
- How will MackinVia help YOU?
9. Our Library Has Many Resources
- Books (obviously)
- iPad apps
- Big Books
- Listening Station books
- Adult Reading Section
- Small Professional Section
- Digital Resources Galore!
10. I Am Lovingly Known as The Book Diva
- Love reading...children and adult
- Manage many volunteers