かようび - Tuesday
Lesson 12 Writing Assignment Due
Submit Lesson 12 Writing Assignment Today
- Today you will complete your Lesson 12 Writing Assignment
- To complete this assignment, print out the worksheet and fill in the worksheet
- Please use a pencil (in case you make a mistake and need to erase it!)
- You can submit your completed worksheet by scanning or taking a photo of it.
- If you take a photo, check the photo to make sure everything on the worksheet is visible and can be read before submitting it. If I can't read it, I can't give you credit for the assignment! :(
Study your new katakana characters by clicking the link above. You can do practice activities like flashcards and games to help you learn too!
Adverbs of Degree
We’ve been talking about how to say we’re good at (or not so good at) doing things. To take this a step further, we can use adverbs of degree to describe just how good (or bad) someone is at something. Remember, when you use adverbs of degree, you don’t have to use a particle after it.
The adverbs we can use are:
たなかさん は つり が とても じょうず です。
Mr. Tanaka is very skillful at fishing.
すこし (a little)
やまださん は え が すこし とくい です。
Mr. Yamada is a little strong at drawing/painting.
ちょっと (also means a little)
すいえい が ちょっと とくい です。
I am a little strong at swimming.
To say “not at all” use ぜんぜん:
せんせい は ゴルフ が ぜんぜん じょうず では ありません。
The teacher is not at all skillful at golf.
To say “not very” use あまり:
あまり やきゅう が あまり じょうず じゃありません。
I’m not very skillful at baseball.*
*It’s ok to use じょうず with either あまりor ぜんぜん when talking about yourself because you’re saying you are *not* skillful at something. When using あまり or ぜんぜん always use a *NEGATIVE* form of ですsuch as では ありません or じゃありません.
Tweet/Text Me Tuesday
TODAY ONLY: Tweet me @BoutinSensei or text me at 919-964-5227 and using an adverb of degree, tell me just how skillful or not so skillful you are at something. For me, I’d say:
ゴルフ が ぜんぜん じょうず では ありません。
And that’s no lie!
If you can't text or tweet, send me an email. You can earn 1 bonus point by doing this. Offer expires at 11:59PM tonight.