January 28, 2022
Upcoming important dates:
February 2nd - 2 Hr Late Start - Professional Development
February 21st -No School - Presidents Day
Pickerington Elementary: @PickeringtonES
Pickerington Elementary PTO: @PickElemPTO
January Golden Stripe Winners! 🏆
Way to go!
Our POP Winner!
Congratulations to Beth Klamo!
The Pride of Pickerington (POP) award goes to those teachers who exemplify all aspects of the teaching profession. They are nominated and then voted on by their peers. This is a very big honor to even be nominated!
Mrs. Klamo, as our EL teacher, works with all of our students but truly shines when she is nurturing the minds of our students who not only are learning our curriculum, but also so many aspects of the English language. Mrs. Klamo uses many skillful tools that she has collected over the years to help bring out the light bulbs for those students. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful role model for our students. Way to go!
Level UP with iReady! 🎮 ⬆️
This document helps guide you thru some frequently asked questions regarding iReady, how we are using it at the school and how you can better utilize the program at home!
Preschool Role Models Needed — 3 & 4 Year Old Students
Pickerington Schools is screening 3 & 4 year old children to be typical models for special needs classrooms for the 22-23 school year.
Who should be screened?
- Three & four year old children who not attending kindergarten.
- Children that have excellent communication skills.
- Children who are outgoing.
- Children that show empathy for others.
- Children who have cooperative play skills.
- Children who are LEADERS.
Screenings will include:
- Speech & Language Skills Gross Motor Skills Fine Motor Skills.
- Cognitive Skills.
To ensure space for next year, fill out the 22-23 preschool application for typical preschool enrollment, then staff will do a screening to see if your child(ren) are a good fit. You will notice that on the application, there is a spot to mark typical or suspected disability.
Once this is submitted, Tammy Pruden or Sherri Dittoe will contact you with a date and time for your screening. Children must be at least 3 and potty trained to attend.
Cost for typical models is $154.00/month. Parent transportation is REQUIRED.
Questions: Contact Preschool Supervisor Amy McNeal at 614-834-2621.
Wishing you all the best!
We want to thank Darcie Adams for all her years of serving in the PTO. Due to personal reasons, Darcie has decided to step down as co-president and focus on her family. She is going to be missed. Thank you Darcie for all your hard work thru the years!! You have done an amazing job at Pickerington Elementary!!
We are looking for a parent who may be interested in joining our social media team! Please contact Emily Haverfield if you are interested!
SAVE THE DATES! 📅
*Dates & Times are subject to change*
1/4 - 1/31 - Yearbook Sale
2/10 - Boys Fun Night 5p-8p
2/16 - PTO Meeting 7p
3/3-3/20 - Foertmeyer Flower Sale
3/16 - PTO Meeting 7p
4/20 - PTO Meeting 7p
TBD - Penny Wars
TBD - Foertmeyer Flower Pickup
5/19 - 4th Grade Pizza Party
5/20 - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
Roosters Fun Cards Roosters Fun Cards are on sale for $10.00 each. The card is good for 10% off any dine-in Roosters location, seven days a week and it expires December 31, 2022. *Please make sure you turn in the payment with the form.*
4TH GRADE PARENTS: Due Monday, January 31st!
Then and Now Pictures for the Yearbook
If you would like to include your 4th graders' Then & Now pictures in the school yearbook this year please send them to Darcie Adams at email@example.com. All pictures need to be received NO LATER THAN January 31st in order to be included in the yearbook.
Yearbooks on sale now!
If you would like to purchase a 2021-2022 Yearbook they are on sale until January 31st. The cost of the yearbooks are $20.00 each. To order online, go to: schoolannual.com. Click on "Buy your Student's Yearbook". Enter the school name, city, and state.
OR you could pay by cash/check and send it in a marked envelope with your student's name, teacher's name, and exact amount. Make checks payable to PE PTO. If you have any questions, please contact Darcie Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
🚘 Drop off/Pick up/Early dismissal reminders 🚘
These protocols are in place to keep your child safe and our school day on time. Please be mindful of them when dropping off/picking up your student. My hope is that you, the families, take the time to review these protocols to ensure the safety and learning of our students.
- Students should not be dropped off at the front of the building before 9:15 am. You must use the parent pick-up line if you are choosing to drive your student to school.
- Walking families, please do not have your student arrive before 9:05 am, we have no one supervising until 9:05 am. Too many students arrive and stand outside (even with freezing temps) waiting to come into the building at 9:05 am.
- If you are driving your student to school you MUST get in the parent drop-off line regardless of your normal routine.
- If you come after 9:15 am, you will need to come to the front of the building and sign your student in. Please do NOT drop your students off and have them walk up by themselves, you need to sign them in.
- If our teachers on drop-off duty shut the door as you are pulling up, please understand that they are not being rude, but rather following our protocols. They have students to instruct starting at 9:15 am.
- Students should not be picked up from the office between 3:45 pm and 4:15 pm. The buses need the bus lane clear and open to pull up.
- If you are changing how your student gets home you must send in a note (email, handwritten, phonecall) describing the change. Too often students claim they are parent pick up just to have no one come and get them. No note means we will proceed as usual.
- When you use the pick-up line, please keep your hanging sign visible until your student enters your vehicle. This will help our teachers direct your student to the proper vehicle
Early Dismissal and End of day changes:
- All changes or early dismissal need to be communicated to our office staff by 3:30 pm
I truly do appreciate all that you do for your students. Thank you to those who consistently follow the protocols to keep the lines moving..only turning right at the "short-cut" exit, having your student ready to hop out of the car and head into the building, and those that wave to me, Mr. Z, when I am out and about during these times.
Support our school just by shopping!
Our school code is: 169833
Shop at Schoolstore.com
This program will run all year and will help Pickerington Elementary keep our PBIS initiatives like Stripes' GRRR buck store, as well as teacher support and appreciation. Thank you for always supporting our school!
Pickerington Elementary Staff "Shout Out"
Has a Pickerington Elementary staff member gone above the call of duty to ensure your child has had an amazing day, week, month or even a year? 😁 Please take a moment to let us know by completing the form below. Pickerington Elementary is very fortunate to have an outstanding staff that loves working with your children. We all need a little “pat on the back” from time to time. We will make certain that this commendation is delivered to the appropriate staff member and that they are properly recognized.
PLSD NEEDS YOU!
PLSD has a critical need for substitute paraprofessionals, health care assistants, duty aides, custodians, and food service employees! Do you love working with kids? Do you need a job that will work around your schedule? If so, please apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/pickerington/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Substitute+Positions&fbclid=IwAR0WbQ0l5J_O4KbMRDbQsHphmBptPL5rS5W1pC_yQp8u_QpXTSgLZClEUgE
If your child needs a new coat or does not have heavy enough to block out the cold, please contact our school counselor Ms. Kendra Stewart at email@example.com and she will be able to confidentially assist you and your child's needs.