January 28th, 2022
Becoming Part of the Team!
Many have asked how they can support the schools or find ways to volunteer. We definitely need people to support our amazing staff. There are several ways that you can do that.
- If you have the opportunity to work just two hours per day (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) as a crossing guard, we need guards at four different locations within the district. See below for more information and click here to apply.
- Prosper ISD invites you to become a substitute teacher! If you are looking to earn some extra money, work flexible days, or assist your student's campus, consider applying to be a Prosper ISD substitute. See below for more information and click here to apply.
- Are you looking for a full time job? Prosper ISD is looking for custodial staff members. Click here for more information and to apply.
We have had parents ask if they can volunteer as subs or crossing guards. We are excited to welcome interested parents to fill some of these positions. Legally there are necessary steps we have to complete. You will still be paid; however, you are welcome to donate your earnings to the Prosper Education Foundation.
Dr. Holly Ferguson
Prosper ISD Superintendent of Schools
Upcoming Events to Connect with Prosper ISD
Did you miss the State of the Community?
2021 Annual Report
Vote for your PHS and RHHS Student Training Programs
Voting for the Team Behind the Team – Student Training Program of the Year is now OPEN at https://www.texasfootball.com/north-texas-team-behind-the-team-award/form!
Voting will run through Monday, January 31st! Vote as many times as you can!
Celina Campus of Collin College and Prosper ISD Parent Information Night
We will be hosting the Parent Night for all students and parents who are interested in taking courses at the Celina Campus next year.
Wednesday, February 2nd, 2022
6:00pm - 8:30pm
2505 Kinship Parkway
Celina, Tx. 75009
Building A North
The night will feature:
● Campus tours
● Representatives from various departments who are available to answer questions about all stages of the application process
● Faculty representatives who are available to answer questions about instruction and curriculum
As Collin College and Prosper ISD continue to grow we are able to offer more opportunities for our students to access dual credit options. We hope that you will join us at this event to learn more about the opportunities available to your student through Prosper ISD and Collin College.
For more information about this event from Celina Campus Executive Dean Brenda Carter, please scan the QR code.
Valentine Orders for ALL PISD Campuses
You can order online and they will be delivered to the students on February 11th.
- Cupid's Cupcake Floral Arrangement
- Be Mine Chocolate Bar
- You "MALT" My Heart Candy Milkshake
To order, log in to My School Bucks at the link below:
Nominations Now Open for PISD Hall of Honor
To read more about these inductees, please click here.
Nominations for the Class of 2023 are now open through March 4th. Please click here to submit nominations.
Rogers 5K & Fun Run
Mark your calendars for the 7th Annual Rogers Middle School PTO 5K & Fun Run, to be held Saturday, April 2, 2022.
To register your child, yourself, the rest of your family or a team, visit our event website at http://www.rogers5k.com.
** Use code EARLY5K for $5 off registration until February 15. **
Registration fees will include a t-shirt and string bag, as well as a chip timer for those participating in the 5K race. Our Fun Run is a one mile course that is great for families to walk together.
All funds raised from the 5K and Fun Run will support the PTO.
Crossing Guards Wanted
Positions Needed are at:
- LaCima & Arrowhead
- LaCima & Amistad
- Hillcrest and Aragon
- Virginia Parkway & Independence Parkway
This would be an ideal position for a stay-at-home parent or a grandparent living nearby. The pay is $15/hour for two hours a day.
Earn Extra $ and Work Flexible Days
If you are interested, you can apply online (https://prosperisd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1889).
For further information, please visit the Substitute Information page (https://www.prosper-isd.net/Domain/1246) on our district website or contact Wendy Smith, Substitute Specialist, at email@example.com.
What Causes Headaches in Children?
See five common headache triggers in children and how to avoid them
The Community News Folder helps publicize activities for local groups and organizations. NOW INCLUDES A JOB OPPORTUNITIES SECTION
The Community Resources page is updated regularly to include resources that are available to our community.