Lines' Back to School Newsletter
August 12, 2021
We are so excited to have students back in school! This year Lines will be the biggest elementary school in District 220; we will have over 500 students! We can't wait to see everyone!
Please be aware of the following mitigation strategies that all Barrington School District 220 schools will have in place when students start school on August 20:
- All students and staff must wear a mask when inside school, per the Governor's mandate.
- Masks do not have to be on when students are outside.
- All families will complete the COVID-19 symptom screening web app at home every morning before students arrive at school.
When students arrive at school, they will immediately enter through Lines' front door and go to their classroom.
Students will use hand sanitizer when they enter the building and before/after lunch/recess.
We will continue to have one way walking in the building (which is clearly marked on the floors.)
Three-foot physical distancing will be utilized wherever possible.
Seating charts will be maintained for all classrooms and be assigned in cohorts for lunch.
Recess will be divided into 3 zones like last year.
Physical education will take place outside as much as possible.
High-touch surfaces will be cleaned at least once per day. Supplies will be available should a space need to be cleaned more often.
BinaxNOW testing will be available for symptomatic students and staff.
The SHIELD Illinois PCR screening test will be implemented in September. Parents may opt out of this screening test.
Please welcome Lines' new staff members!
- Mrs. Blasius - Special Education Teacher (Temporarily in Mrs. Migacz's classroom)
- Mrs. Bruner - previously known as Ms. Svenningsen (our Occupational Therapist)
- Ms. Carlstrom - 3rd Grade Teacher (for Mrs. Dowdy )
- Mrs. Corso - Special Services Assistant
- Mrs. Dowdy - STEM Teacher (STEM is now all year, not just one semester!)
- Mrs. George - Special Education Teacher (Mrs. Omar transferred to Countryside)
- Ms. Guzman - 2nd grade Dual Language Teacher
- Mrs. Hamlin - 2nd Grade Dual Language Teacher
- Mr. Ross - Afternoon PE Teacher (Mr. K. is at BHS in PM)
- Ms. Kathryn Snell - 5th Grade Teacher (new section...giving us four 5th grade sections)
- Mrs. Wiese - previously known as Ms. Giovannelli
- Mrs. Witt - previously known as Ms. Esbrook
Student Drop-Off and Student Pick-Up Procedures
Please review Lines' student drop-off and student pick-up procedures:
- Drop students off in the morning between 7:35-7:50. (Students will go immediately to their classroom.)
- Parents who pick their children up after school should not enter the Lines driveway until 2:30 pm. Vehicles entering the Lines driveway more than 10 minutes before dismissal will be asked to leave and return at the appropriate time. (This is to allow room for buses and emergency vehicles.)
Always pull your vehicle up as far as possible in the drop-off/pick-up line.
Drivers should not exit their vehicles when in the drop-off/pick-up line.
Any cell phone usage (hand-held AND Bluetooth) in a school zone is against the law.
Yield to school buses.
Bus ID Cards
Students in elementary grades K-5 will again scan on and off the school bus each day using an ID Card clipped to their backpack by a red plastic coil keychain.
New ID cards for the 2021-2022 school year will be handed out to families during Meet the Teacher on August 19. Families that are unable to attend on August 19 will receive their ID Card on the first day of school (August 20.)
Students should continue to use the red coil keychain that they received last spring. A limited amount of replacement coil keychains will be available at the school office for a fee.
ID card replacement fee - $3.00
Bus/ID card plastic holder replacement fee - $2.00
Meet the Teacher - August 19
Meet the Teacher - August 19
1:00-1:45 - Last name starts with A-M
2:00-2:45 - Last name starts with N-Z
A Look Ahead
August 19 – Meet the Teacher (1:00-2:45)
August 19 - 1st grade playdate on the Lines' playground (12:00)
August 20 – First day of school for grades 1-5
August 20 - Kindergarten popsicle playdate at Citizens Park (11:00-12:30)
August 20 & 23 – Kindergarten Meet the Teacher (by appointment only)
August 24 - First day of school for kindergarten
August 26 – Lines PTO Ice Cream Social (5:00-7:00 pm)
August 26 - Fall Picture Day
August 30 – Lines Virtual Back to School Night for grades K-5 (6:00-7:30)
September 6 – No School (Labor Day)
September 7 – 5th Grade at Camp Duncan