Raureka School Term 3 Week 9
Newsletter 21 September 2022
Kia ora koutou katoa, Talofa lava, Kia orana,
Welcome to Week 9 with our production coming up next week.
Remember Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased from www.eventfinda.co.nz
Tickets cost $10.00 each with a 25c booking fee.
If you can not buy online you can go to Hastings i-site at 319 Heretaunga Street Hastings and you can get them.
Shows are: Matinee Wednesday 28th September starting at 10:30 a.m. and the Evening performance Wednesday 28th September starting at 6:30 p.m.
More than 500 tickets have sold already, please make sure that you buy yours soon, so you don't miss out.
Our Pacifica group are attending the Polynesian festival tomorrow. Mr Filipo has sent home notices to all children who are performing and other details about the performance.
I wish you all the best as you represent us.
We are so proud of you all.
A huge thank you to Whaea Whitney for her organisation of the Te Wiki o te Maori 2022 language week at school. The children thoroughly enjoyed it and were very proud of their efforts during the week. Rooms 19 and 14 won the class prizes for their entries.
Duffy Books- last week all children received two Duffy Books on Friday. We hope they enjoy them.
Remember that School will be closed next Monday 26th September as we mourn the death of Queen Elizabeth II. The Memorial Day will be a one off public holiday.
The Junior Enduro Run will be on Tuesday 18th October - races will start at 9.30am (Week 1 of next term).
Tonight we have the Tui's playing Mahora on Field C at 4:00. The new team Kereru are playing Taikura at 5:40 on Turf B and the Kowhai team are playing Frimley on Field A at 4:50.
Unfortunately next week we have the production and both Yr 5/6 Kowhai and Kereru are playing at 5:40 which means that we won't be able to play. The Yr 3/4 Tui have a bye next week so no teams will play.
IMPORTANT - If your child is away from school -
Reminder that you need to PHONE OR TEXT the school know if your child is going to be away. Because of the current covid situation, it is essential that you let us know the reason they are away - eg coughing, headache, tummy bug etc.
You can phone 06 8789766 or text 027 557 0085 and leave a message.
Thank you for this, it is so helpful and we want to ensure your child is okay.
Have a great week
Hello Room 1 - what have you got to share with us this week?
Inter-school Cross Country
Congratulations to all of the Senior Children who raced in today's Inter-school event. I was very proud of you all for doing so well. A huge thanks to all of the parents who came and supported the children.
Congratulations to Te Mahia and Haygen who came first in their year groups. Congratulations to Tayah-Leigh who came 8th in her year group.
All of the tamariki ran well and were a credit to Raureka and themselves.
Congratulations to Kowhai who won our Inter house competition with Kahurangi coming second, Whero third and Kakariki fourth.
Hawkes Bay Rugby Union Replica Jersey Presentation to Paka
Note from Jay Campbell CEO Hawkes Bay Rugby Union,
A generous benefactor has paid for a number of young Magpies fans to receive a replica jersey as a way of helping the community and back in April we went out to school contacts who provided a number of young boys and girls to receive these.
Unfortunately, as is the world at present, our batch of replica jerseys was delayed due to shipping and only arrived two weeks ago.
Raureka School was selected and a nomination for Paka Reiri was put forward. Jason Long, a player in the HB squad came to our assembly on Friday and gave the jersey to Paka.
Paka is a wonderful boy who shows excellent sportsmanship and he is a great role model on and off the field. He has a shy nature but once he gets comfortable or a rugby ball in his hands you can’t stop him and he is off! He has developed a strong sense of his identity and culture and always knows how to enhance the mana of others.
Duffy Books were presented last week
Values Certificate Winners
Our four values are :
Respect/Whakaute, Responsibility/Haepapa, Resilience/Pakari, Relationships/Whanaungatanga.
This week we are focusing on - Responsibility/Haepapa - which means: ilook after yourself and those around you by being a committed, contributing member of society.
The expected behaviour during this week is: celebrate others successes.
The following children received awards at our last assembly:
R1 Caesar Hall, R2 Kyron Davies, R3 Kaylee Gibson, R4 Tai Khumalo, R5 Brooklyn Harris,
R7 Chloe Clarke, R8 Xavier Heal, R12 Brooklyn Taylor-Brown, R13 Heath Spencer,
R14 Harlow-Rose James, R15 Skye Hape-Osborne, R19 Cooper Corbett, R20 Sarsha Edmonds, R21 Leo Craven.
- Wednesday 21 September - Inter school Cross Country Yr 4-6
- Monday 26 September- School Closed- Queens Memorial Day
- Tuesday 27 September - Production- Dress Rehearsal
- Wednesday 28 September - Production - at Toi Toi
- Friday 30 September Mufti Day, End of Term 3
- Monday 17 October Start of Term 4
- Tuesday 18 October- Junior Enduro Run from 9:30- parents welcome
- Friday 21 October Hawke's Bay Anniversary Day
- Monday 24 October Labour Day - no school for students
- Monday 21 November Teacher Only Day - no school for students
- Friday 16 December Last Day of Year
- Tuesday 7 February - beginning of Term 1 2023
School Uniform – this is compulsory. No exceptions.
All children are required to have the school royal blue polo-shirt, royal blue hat, and on colder days the royal blue polar fleece jersey. All of these are available at the school office.
The lower half of the uniform (short, longs, skorts, skirts) must be plain black and can be purchased in town No stripes, no flowers etc, can
be purchased in town.
· Do your child’s records need updating?
- moved house?
- phone/cellphone numbers changed?
- living arrangements changed?
- emergency contacts changed?
- medical details?
IMPORTANT: Children are NOT to carry any form of medication in their bags etc. All medication must be held in the office. Parents must complete a Medical Form to enable staff to administer medication.
We often have a few ‘bugs’ around the school.
· A common one is a nasty cough/flu type illness. Keep your children home if they have symptoms of this as it spreads easily.
· If your child has had vomiting or diarrhoea, they MUST stay home for 2 days after the last event. This illness definitely spreads quickly around the school.
· Headlice are always around so make sure that you check your child’s hair regularly (we suggest weekly) and treat the hair if necessary. We have treatments available from school for free. Just pop in and we can give you some.
· If your child is at all unwell, please keep them home so that they don’t pass bugs on to other children. Also if a child is feeling unwell they are not able to learn easily and are much better off at home snuggled up in bed.
Don’t forget to contact the school office to let us know when your child is unwell please.
Volunteers needed for supervision of our school patrollers.
The children are well trained, it is just a matter of having an adult supervise from 8.30-9.00. Please contact Chris in the school office if your are able to help (even if you have helped in the past, please confirm).