Friday Wrap Up
Teacher Training Live Session Sign up- Module 6
Don't forget that one of the live sessions for Module 6 is
HS NPD: Special Topics
Promising Practices Conference
- Thursday, 2/25/16
Breadcrumbs: log into k12training > In search bar type, "HS NPD Special Topics > Click on Classroom Calendar View > Click the link located on 2/25/2016 > sign up!
Test Prep Boot Camps
SBAC: February 22nd - April 18th
CST: April 4th - April 18th
Remember that these will occur on Mondays at 10am, and this is a call for all hands to be on deck! These sessions are scheduled for all students and will appear on their Class Connect Calendars.
Please ensure you review the session schedule and are ready to present your topic when appropriate.
Physical Fitness Testing (PFT)
Teacher Task List:
- All 9th grade students should be assigned a PFT location and should have received a reminder kmail regarding the time/location.
- All teachers are required to collect a "Release of Liability Form" for each student. If you have already collected this form, please ensure you have documented this appropriately in Marvin (see the attached tutorial). If you have yet to collect the Release of Liability form, please do so immediately and document in Marvin.
Back Up Computer Files and Gradebook
Rule of Thumb:
- Back up all files including your GRADEBOOK weekly
- Back up your Gradebook Monthly to SharePoint
Quarter 3 New Students
Please be sure that you have reached out to any new students in your homeroom this quarter. Once you receive the green light from a FAST member, it is your responsibility to introduce yourself to the student and begin working with the family. Ensure that these contacts are logged in Pathways, selecting "WELCOME CALL" under the area of subject/focus. These calls should be done within 24 hours of receiving the green light email from the FAST Team.
- ClassDojo is a free app which allows teachers to communicate safely with students and parents. It is similar to remind.com; however, this free program does have additional functionality. Please feel free to check it out!
- Document Attached
Thank you, Joe!
Content Resources can be found in SharePoint. We would love for you to contribute to the resources folder. Please feel free to upload your content resources to share with the team!
SharePoint California Managed Schools > Teams > IS-CALA > Shared Documents > Content Resources > Class Specific Resources
Testing Window and RTO DATES
End of Quarter:
No consecutive days off April 13th – April 20th
No consecutive days off week prior to testing window open
No days off weeks of testing (April 27th-May 31st )
No consecutive days off week following testing window close
End of Year:
No consecutive days off June 17th – June 24th
Due Dates and Reminders
Feb. 18th: Q3-C1 BTSP & i-Ready Due (New Students Only)
Feb. 22nd: Q3-C2 TSPs Due
Feb. 29th: Teacher Calendars Due
March 8-9th: In-Person Professional Development
March 17th: LP-7 Ends (3/18-4/21)
March: 21-25: Spring Break
March 31st: Teacher Calendars Due