CALVIN PARK UPDATE
April 20, 2020
We hope that everyone is staying healthy and well. We have now completed the second week of our remote learning together and we know that everyone is doing their best during these challenging times. Staff and students are continuing to determine the best ways to learn and work from home so we thank you for your patience and continued support as we all adjust to this new reality.
Your physical and emotional wellbeing are most important right now. Please reach out to your child's teacher(s) if you are feeling overwhelmed or if you have questions or concerns. We are here to help our families and to support you! Ms. Martin, our Office Administrator, has been checking phone and email messages daily so you can contact the school by phone or email as well (email@example.com or 613-542-2796 ). Please visit the links in this newsletter for more resources to support your family's mental health.
We all want to get back to the routines and people that we love but for now, please continue to follow all public health directives - by working together (while we are apart), we can all play an important role in protecting ourselves and our community. Our frontline workers are depending on us!
Please continue to check these Limestone District School Board platforms for the most up-to-date information from our Board.
LDSB Website https://www.limestone.on.ca/
LDSB Twitter: @LimestoneDSB
LDSB Facebook https://tinyurl.com/wbhjtku
LDSB Instagram https://instagram.com/limestonedsb?igshid=1epyma6c0g5qd
In addition, please follow our Twitter account: @CalvinPark_LDSB
Take care of each other, be kind, and stay well,
The Calvin Park Staff
A very good message for these times (seen while on a walk).
Chromebooks were distributed to over 70 students over the past two weeks. If needed, please contact the school to request a Chromebook to use for learning at home.
Stay home, stay safe Comets!
GET IN THE SPIRIT!
If you would like to share what learning at home looks like for you and be included in the Weekly Update, please email your photos to Mrs. Suriyuth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Parents' Guide to Google Classroom
THE FOOD SHARING PROJECT
IMPORTANT - Login Change for Office 365 and Google Suite
LEARNING AT HOME RESOURCES
Access to Online Reading
Accessing SORA E-Books and Audio Books on an iPad or Personal Device
2. Click on the SORA app on your iPad screen
3. Click on Find My School
4. Click “My School Isn’t Listed”
5. Type “Eastern Ontario Public Schools” or “Limestone”
6. In the drop down menu, click Limestone District
7. Enter your active directory username and password (LDSB credentials)
Accessing SORA E-Books and Audio Books on a Computer/Chromebook
2. Click on Find My School
3. Click “My School Isn’t Listed”
4. Type “Eastern Ontario Public Schools” or “Limestone”
5. In the drop down menu, click Limestone District
6. Enter your active directory username and password (LDSB credentials)
Accessing E-Books and Audio Books through KFPL (Public Library)
WELL BEING - STAYING SAFE AND HEALTHY
Resources for Talking with Young People about COVID-19
Our Board and school use several electronic tools to communicate with families. The tools are part of the SchoolMessenger app which we use to share information by text, phone or email. In order to receive these messages you need to set up a SchoolMessenger account on your computer, tablet and/or by downloading the SchoolMessenger app on your smartphone. Once you register, you can set your preferences for receiving messages. This system uses contact information in our school database that you shared at the beginning of the year. Please inform the school of changes to contact info (phone numbers, email, and/or address) by emailing us at email@example.com
Learn how to:
- Set up a SchoolMessenger App account: set up your account, review your contact information and communication preferences, join teacher-instant messaging groups, and view all your alerts and messages in one place. Watch the video tutorial.
- Use the Communicate broadcast tool: choose how you will receive alerts including how to opt-in for text messaging. Watch the video tutorial.
- Use the Board mobile app: how to choose your schools, see your messages and report and review student absences. Watch the video tutorial.
Subscribe to school calendars: receive email alerts or download calendars or individual events to your personal calendar