Mosaica Online Happenings
September 9-13 2013
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Thursday, September 12th: K-5 Advisement @ 10am Eastern
- Friday, September 13th: 6-12 Advisement @ 2:30pm Eastern
- Monday, September 16th: Last day for HS students to begin if they have not already been in school for Semester 1
- Monday, September 16th: Student Enrichment Day
- Tuesday, September 24th: Online Paragon Night
- **Beginning August 28th, all adjunct teachers must submit invoices to Brenda McCullers on the 14th and 28th of the month**
Mosaica Online's Very 1st Graduate!
Hailley intends to enlist on the Navy. She wants to attend college while in the Navy and major in forensics, genetics, or criminology. She then plans to pursue a career as a Crime Scene Investigator.
Staff Spotlight- Kate Adams
I graduated from the University of Georgia with a secondary degree in Math Education. I then got my masters degree from Piedmont College. I have been teaching a total of 13 years, with the last 8 years being online full-time. I have taught students that range from 8th grade to 12th grade. Geometry is my favorite math subject to teach. I taught my first classes with Mosaica this past summer, and it was a wonderful experience. I am excited to be working with Mosaica again this fall and hope to continue in the future.
Thank you Kate for joining our team!
Mosaica Online Enrichment Days
Students are going on a water field trip! On this field trip, you’ll learn amazing things about water. You’ll learn about aquifers, how your drinking water gets to you, what other kids have to do around the world to get their water, and ideas for helping to protect this precious resource.
All Science teachers in 6-12 will have students going on a virtual field trip. We will use the Teacher Planet site to have the student learn about the Seven Wonders of the World.
• Students will learn about the natural formations referred to as the "Natural Wonders of the World", and how and where they formed.
• Students will learn both geography and geology.
• Students will be taken to some of the best resources available on the Web where they can research and retrieve all kinds of data about these naturally occuring wonders of nature.
1. Which of the Natural Wonders was/were caused by volcanoes, by erosion?
2. Of the Natural Wonders, which has the most fragile ecosystem?
3. How old are each of the Natural Wonders?
4. How was/is each of the Natural Wonders created?
At the end of the field trip- 6-12 students will submit a one page summary answering the concept questions and submitting their work to the dropbox within their science courses.
Art Club - led by Elizabeth Kamper
Book Club - led by Allie Byrne (ES), & Emily Alley (MS & HS)
Cooking Club - led by Allie Byrne
Club sign-up deadline is FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 13th!!!!
TEACHER TIP OF THE WEEK!
Also, our first Enrichment Day is coming up 9/16. This is a day where the students will participate in a Science enrichment activity instead of completing work in their courses. Please put a note on your checklist and under News (to appear on 9/16) for the students to check their Science course for the day's activities. This is also a day where we will have professional learning for teachers - more information will follow soon!
Non Charter Mosaica Online Locations:
September Holidays for our Special Friends:
American School Foundations
September 16 - Mexican Independence Day
Mosaica International School of Hyderabad
September 9 - Ganesh Chaturthi
Muskegon Heights High School
September 25 - Prof. Dev. Day
Foundation Academy of Mansfield
September 27 - Prof. Dev. Day
Quick reminder - Monday morning in Hyderabad is Sunday night ET. Be sure assignments are ready for these students by Sunday afternoon, please.
Feel free to contact Paula or Maria if you have questions about any of our "special friends."
Online Paragon Nights!