Flores Class Chronicle - Week 16
Please take a moment to read this memo (it can get lengthy) each week. This is where we will post all the important dates and events to keep up with.
The weekly newsletters may also be found archived on our class website under the "Weekly Newsletters" page. Questions and/or comments? Please let me know!
For the love of learning,
Current Week's Schedule of Events
The Week Ahead
Please Review Our Class Special's Schedule for your Student's Rotation Day. (https://sites.google.com/a/leanderisd.org/mrs-flores/class-schedule
- Purple Specials Day
- Red Specials Day
- Orange Specials Day
- Yellow Specials Day
- Green Specials Day
- Holiday Party - 9:45 - 10:45
WHAT ARE WE LEARNING THIS WEEK?
- finish expository composition #1: My Favorite Season
- End of Semester Assessment
- Cultural Doll Presentations
- financial literacy, Dream Vacation
- End of Semester Assessment
- author's purpose in non-fiction text
- End of Semester Assessment
- car & ramp inquiry lab
- Review for Science Assessment
HOLIDAY PARTY TIME
Friday, Dec. 18th, 9:45-10:45pm
1700 East Park Street
Cedar Park, TX
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
HOLIDAY PARTY INFORMATION
Our holiday party will be on Friday, December 18th from 9:45 - 10:45. We'll be making an adorable sock snowman and enjoying some snacks.
We will also be having a "penny gift exchange" in the morning before the party.Students may bring in 23 identical small, cheap items (pencil cap erasers, pencils, individually wrapped mini candy canes or Hershey's Kisses, stickers, temporary tattoos, etc) to share with their classmates. Items do not need to be labeled to/from. ITEMS SHOULD NOT BE EXPENSIVE - the smaller the better.
After the holiday party, 4th graders will be able to choose a movie to watch. Please let us know before Friday if your child is not permitted to watch any of the movies on the list below.
As the entire school will be having holiday parties that morning, parking will most definitely an issue. Please consider parking at Gupton Stadium, or in any of the surrounding neighborhoods and walking to campus. Sorry for the inconvenience!
If you have any questions, please contact your child's homeroom teacher. Thanks for your help, and we're looking forward to an enjoyable holiday celebration!
Movie Choices for Friday Afternoon
We will be winding down for the break Friday after our party by enjoying a movie afternoon. Please contact me before Friday if you prefer that your child NOT watch one of these movies and we will make sure your child chooses a different movie. The following movies will be available for viewing; click the name of the movies in the list to learn more from Common Sense Media about the content. You do not need to contact me if you are okay with all of the choices below.
Below you will find upcoming dates for the first semester. Please update your calendars accordingly. Please understand that dates are subject to change and more than likely will, but we will keep this list current to the best of our ability. To assist you in keeping your calendars updated, any additions or changes from the previous week's memo will be in bold. There have been tentative additions for the year!
- Friday 12/18 - 4th Grade Holiday Parties; 9:45 - 10:45 in classrooms
- 12/21 - 1/1/16 - LISD Winter Break - NO SCHOOL
- Monday 1/4 - School resumes (DON'T FORGET TO ADD 5 MINUTES TO THE END SCHOOL DAY!)
- Friday 1/8 - Fun First Friday in 4th (Dress-Up) - Crazy Hair Day
- Friday 1/15 - End of 1st Semester
- Monday 1/18 - Staff Development / Student Holiday
- Wednesday 1/20 - 2nd 9 Weeks report cards sent home
- Monday 2/1 - Tuesday 2/2 - Staff Development / Student Holiday
- Friday 2/5 - Fun First Friday in 4th Grade - Geriatric Attack (Dress up like a Sr. Citizen in honor of the 100th day of school :)
- Wednesday 2/17 - progress reports sent home ONLY for students with a grade >70% in any subject
- Wednesday 3/2 - TX Independence Day - Dress like a Texan in 4th
- Sunday 3/13 - Daylight Savings Time - SPRING FORWARD!
- Monday 3/14 - Friday 3/18 - NO SCHOOL - Spring Break
- Friday 3/25 - NO SCHOOL - Good Friday
- Tuesday 3/29 - 4th Grade Writing STAAR Test - please avoid scheduling travel or appointments on STAAR test days if at all possible!
- Friday 4/1 - End of the 3rd 9 weeks
- Friday 4/1 - First Fun Friday in 4th Grade - Illuminocity Atrocity - Dress in BRIGHT or NEON colors!
- Monday 4/4 - Stephanie Beasley's 29th birthday
- Wednesday 4/6 - report cards sent home
- 4/22 - Earth Day
- Monday 4/25 - Bad Weather Make-Up Day (holidays unless the assigned day is needed due to bad weather, which will be communicated in advance)
- Wednesday 5/4 - progress reports sent home ONLY for students with a grade >70% in any subject
- Friday 5/6 - Fun First Friday in 4th Grade - Dress like a STAR! (music, sport, TV - school dress code compliant, please :)
- Monday 5/9 - 3rd & 4th Grade STAAR Math Test - please avoid scheduling travel or appointments on STAAR test days if at all possible!
- Tuesday 5/10 - 3rd & 4th Grade STAAR Reading Test - please avoid scheduling travel or appointments on STAAR test days if at all possible!
- Monday 5/24 - Bad Weather Make-Up Day (holidays unless the assigned day is needed due to bad weather, which will be communicated in advance)
- Monday 5/30 - NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
- Friday 6/3 End of 4th 9 weeks - report cards sent home & Last Day of School - Have a GREAT summer!
Español en nuestra clase
Our class has begun learning some basic Spanish. We are lucky to have two great volunteers helping students with this new adventure...Mrs. Martin and Mr. Martinez.
Use the links to have fun and practice!
Week #1 - Students are beginning with basic introductions and numbers 0-20. Attached is the link so students can practice the numbers.
Week #2 - Classroom items and people (Just a few to start)