We learned about plants and started exploring who we are!
April 18, 2014
Look at what we did!
- In literacy and writing, we started talking about how we've changed from when we were a baby to now as our kindergarten selves! We used to drink out of bottles, crawl, and cry to get what we wanted and now we can do lots of things for ourselves, run and jump, and talk up a storm! Then we read Geraldine's Blanket by Holly Keller to see how Geraldine changed and how she was a problem-solver when her parents tried to make her give up her baby blanket!
- In math, we started our unit on subtraction. We learned how you still have to draw a picture just like with addition, but instead of adding more, we have to cross things out. We learned that the first number tells us how many we started with, the second tells us how many are taken away, and the last tells us how many are left!
- We got to look at our ADORABLE baby pictures!!
I, can, see, a, me, the, to, go, my, like, am, at, for, look, we, will, come, here, you, is, it, in, have, and, up, on, she, he, no, so, are, went, said, because, put, this
Student-Led Conferences Reminder
Due to the nature of student-led conferences, please make other arrangements for siblings so that you can focus your attention on your kindergarten guide!
Continuing our unit about exploring who we are
- A week with Owen by Kevin Henkes
- A week with Peter's Chair by Ezra Jack Keats
Upcoming Events & Other Information
- Tues, April 22 - Student-led Conferences at 5pm-7pm
- Thurs, April 24 - "Poem in your Pocket" Day
- Thurs, April 24 - MES Math Night at Food Lion at 5pm-7pm
- April 28-May 2 - Spring Book Fair
- Wed, April 30 - Book Fair Ice Cream Social at 5:30pm
- We will read Owen by Kevin Henkes and write about our connections to Owen.
- We will start learning about the days of the week, months of the year, and reading a calendar.