Kelsey's Coaching Corner
What is the LiNK Grant?
The LiNK Grant stands for the Literacy Network of Kansas Grant. It is funded by the Federal Striving Readers Comprehensive Literacy Initiative. The SWKLiNK consortium includes Ulysses, Deerfield, Ness City, Montezuma, Sublette, Stanton County, Copeland, Kismet-Plains, Syracuse and Satanta. The SWKLiNK consortium is one of the eight LiNK projects in the state. The SWKLiNK goals are as follows:
- Increasing educator knowledge and skills in effective reading instruction strategies and techniques.
- Increasing educator knowledge and skills in effective writing instruction strategies and techniques.
- Increasing educator knowledge and skills in effective language acquisition instruction strategies and techniques.
- Implementing systems that standardize and perpetuate high student literacy development across the district.
SWKLiNK consultants will support us over a 3 year period to implement these goals. (See graph below)
For more information click on the Google Slide presentation or the LiNK grant fact sheet attached below:
Upcoming Literacy Events:
- Maria Ortiz-Smith's (ELL SWKLiNK consultant) Visit- Oct. 30th
- LiNK "Kick-off" Trick-or-Treat Books- Oct. 31
Literacy Tech Tip
Common Lit is a website that offers free accounts to educators. The site includes supplemental literacy articles for grades 3-12. Articles can be printed or accessed online. There are some neat features like text read-aloud and a translation button. Check it out here: https://www.commonlit.org/en