GWMS Sunday Message
Week of December 14th
- Mr. Belzer and leading the chorus in an uplifting veterans day concert and goes beyond the call of duty in everything he does. He maintains a positive demeanor while he works tirelessly to make sure his choir performs with excellence!
- Ms. Dere as she is diligent and conscientious in her preparation for her classes and is often seen working in her classroom late at night. She faithfully mans the hallways and does a great job of making sure her students meet academic and prexie pride expectations.
- Mr. Brown as he is always out in the hallway between classes, keeping kids safe and the traffic moving.
- Ms. Barnes for all her work with the Prexie Press.
- Ms. Palmer for filling in for Mrs. Peters in 6th grade.
- 6th grade teachers for after lunch support.
- Ms. Hein for helping with 6th grade science fair.
- Mr. Boykin for filling in for Mrs. Madigan in 7th grade.
- All Language Arts teachers for administering the SRI.
If you'd like to add your own Kudos the link is here.
Now it is time for our PBIS vocabulary game….. WORDS WITH FRACULTY
WORDS WITH FRACULTY! This week’s intellectually snobbish, impractical, obsolete, and vacuous word will be stated on the announcements. Students will be challenged to use the word in its proper context per the appropriate content area to gain prexie love in their classes.
THIS WEEKS WORD: tintinabulation - ringing of the bells
Staff Member of the Month
GWMS Holiday Party
Afterwards, we will move the party to Del Ray (I'm going to be contacting some local business managers to see if we can get a slick deal or two) to continue the fun!
Corey Olmstead will send out more information as the week progresses! See you there.
Professional Learning Re-Certification Points
Care Packages for Soldiers
Possible donation items are:
- beef jerky
- Easy Mac
- Ramen Noodles
- candy (not chocolate)
- packaged cookies
- tooth brushes
- baby wipes
- and much more!
Please see Ms. Ferruzzi in A120 or Mrs. Soileau in C204 for more information.
Mail Chimp has proven to be a great way to keep our GW families in the loop with all of the fantastic things that go on at GWMS. Thank you to everyone for your contributions…..KEEP THEM COMING! You are doing great work with our students and the parental feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.
Continue to send your pictures and short write-ups to Ms. Barnes - email@example.com - to share all the wonderful things going on in your classrooms.
HALLWAY SUPPORT AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please, please, please be a present force in the hallways during ALL passing periods. We need to perform as a unified team in this respect. The power of the many is what makes transitions smooth and orderly. Simply put, we cannot do this alone.
PBIS - December Pillar is DEDICATION
COOL TOOL to be sent out in your email for your PBIS lesson on Tuesday.
Monday 12/14/158:00am - SST 8-3, 6-3, 7-3
WEB Academic Study Skills Follow-up (S. Thomas)
Choir Concert, 7:30pm
NO Professional Learning
Grade Level Meetings in the MPR with Ms. Jackson during:
- 1st period (7th Grade)
- 3rd period (6th Grade)
- 7th period (8th Grade)
Department Meetings 3:30pm - 4:15pm - Various Locations
Band Concert, 7:30pm
Interim Grades Due - 4PM
WEB for 6th Grade
Orchestra Concert, 7:30pm
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
See you on January 4th