Manitou Springs Middle School
November 6th, 2020
Dear Manitou Springs Middle School Families,
I hope you and your family had a great week. See below for updates:
Remote Learning Best Practices
To maximize student success during Remote Learning, we encourage families to help their students with the following practices:
- Treat remote days like any school day: get up, get dressed, eat breakfast, and get materials ready.
- Log in to class on-time or email your teacher if you will be late or absent.
- Be a participant, turn on your camera, ask questions and respond in discussion.
- Use the chat for class-related communication only.
- If possible, set up a space for working that is quiet and distraction free.
As we move forward, we will continue to assess the instructional models that are sustainable as students and staff are impacted by quarantines. Please note: There may be circumstances that require us to move to remote learning if our ability to provide staffing is not possible. We know this is not ideal or easy for families.
Snow Day Update
Future Snow Days will allow students to check in with their teachers and connect with classmates. From 9:30 - 10:00, students will join their morning advisory group and prioritize assignments or any makeup work they may have. From 10:00 - 11:00, an office hour will be provided. During that time, students can access their teachers and mental health providers via Google Meet.
The district could still have a “full closure” day, which would be a traditional snow day, under certain circumstances (for example, right before or right after a holiday break when students have not yet had assignments).