Rangers Review- May and June
Our Final 2014-2015 Newsletter!
May and June Events
April 27 Senior Meetings during lunches to review details of Prom, Senior Awards, and Graduation
April 27 National Honor Society Induction 7:00 PAC
April 28 Charmers Banquet
April 29 Ranger Awards of Excellence Breakfast-Celebrate our 5th Six Weeks Character and Academic Award Recipients, CPAC meeting @4:30
April 30 College 101 in our cafe @ 6:30, Night of CTHS Stars Pageant (NHS community service project to benefit Wounded Warriors) @7:30
May 1 State Gymnastics Meet- CTHS, Art Xperience @Boswell, GenTX Decision Day (Where are You wanting to Go to College?), Track and Field Regionals @Texas Tech
May 2 Prom 7-11 at Gaylord- Doors open at 6:30
May 4 Biology EOC
May 4- 15 Advanced Placement Exams
May 5 US History EOC
May 6 Algebra I EOC, PTO @6:00 in DIstrict Board Room, Nurses Day
May 7 SNAG Class of 2016 @6:30 in cafe
May 12 SNAG Class of 2015 Dinner in cafe @6:30
May 13 The Promise- PAC @7:00
May 15 Track and Field State Championships- University of Texas
May 16 Academic Awards Excellence Gala CTHS cafe @ 6:00
May 18 Junior Class LemonBall Tournament @ 5:00, Senior Rangers of Distinction Awards Program @ 7:00 in PAC
May 19 Bass Hall Fine Arts Showcase
May 20 Yearly Employee Awards Luncheon at HCTC
May 21 Top 10% Honor Graduates luncheon at HCTC, Rangers of Distinction Awards Program in the PAC @ 7:00
May 22 Spring Sports Pep Rally and Championship LemonBall Game 3:30
May 25 Student and Staff Holiday- Memorial Day
May 26 Student Council Blood Drive in gym
May 27 CTHS Spring Signing Day in gym @8:30 a.m.
May 28 Choir Ranger Revue Showcase @ 7:00
May 29 Varsity Choir Ranger Review Showcase and Dinner @ 6:00
May 30 UIL State Choir Solo and Ensemble
May 31 Baccalaureate for our graduation seniors @ 7:00
June 2 First Day of Semester Exams for Seniors only
June 3 Semester Exams, Senior Graduation Picture with Cap and Gown 11 in Gym (all seniors will have lunch during 5th period on campus)
June 4 Semester Exams, Last day of senior semester exams
June 5 Semester Exams, Early Release @1:00, Senior graduation practice in gym @9:00 (breakfast will be served for our honored class)
June 6 Staff WorkDay @7:30 (family breakfast and presentation of awards)
June 7 Inaugural Class of 2015 Graduation @FWCC 1:00, Seniors must be at FWCC at 11:00 with a sack lunch for practice.
CTHS talented students built a boat out of cardboard to float in the Cardboard Boat Races. It was a success! They came in second place. Academic and Creative Determination= Winning!!
Sweepstakes in all 6 Choir Categories!! For the first time in CTHS history AND the first time in EMS ISD history, our choir students won in all six categories. Way to go Ranger Singers!!!!
Principal Leadership Council
The Principal Leadership Council met with Dr. Chadwell during our final meeting to discuss moving our district forward through branding our academic excellence and utilizing technology in the classrooms.
What we Remember!
Students learn best when they are able to not only describe the concept but implement it within a self- made project that reflects real-world application. When your students are struggling understanding a concept, help them relate it to their own lives or something that interests them.
Tennis 2015 Success
We are so proud of our tennis teams as they end the 2014-2015 season with great success.
Have you talked to your child about social media and its positive and negative aspects? Each time someone downloads an app, they give permission for the owners of the app to access information on their phone. Read the permissions very carefully before accepting the download. Also, there is no such thing a DELETE. Teach your child that whatever they put online, stays online!! Use social media to spread positivity, learn new things, and teach others about the world around them.
What we Remember!
Tennis 2015 Success
College 101 Night
CTHS Counseling Website
- Advanced Placement
- Dual Credit
- College Applications
- Course Selections
Then check out our Counseling Website @ http://www.emsisd.com/Page/18072. It is updated constantly with new information to best help your child. It is a wonderful resource.
- Order your cap and gown/announcements/graduation memorabilia through Herff Jones- 817-336-2035
- Please plan on attending Main Event after graduation. It is completely free!!!
- Senior Meetings during lunches on Monday, April 27. We will discuss prom and updated graduation information.
- April 28- Last names of A-L may pick up your prom tickets. You must have your prom protocol form turned in and present a picture ID.
- April 29- Last names of M-Z may pick up your prom tickets. You must have your prom protocol form turned in and present a picture ID.
- Prom is May 2 from 7-11 at the Gaylord. You must have your ticket and picture ID. No one will be allowed admittance past 8 p.m. unless you are scheduled to attend another CTHS event. If so, please let Mr. Goodner know so that your name and expected time of arrival can be documented for our ticket takers :)
- Senior Awards is May 18 at 7:00 in the PAC.
- Our Senior Charge to the Junior class followed by the senior walk is being planned!!!
- Senior Finals is June 2-5. Work hard so that you get your exemptions (grades, attendance, behavior)
- Graduation Senior Inaugural Class Picture will be June 3 during 3rd and 4th lunch. Seniors will eat during 5th period lunch. Bring your Cap, Tassel, Gown, and money this day! Pictures can be ordered. Price is from $25-40. We will do a cap/gown picture plus a '15 picture. Payment is due this day.
- Graduation Practice is June 5 @ 9 am in the main gym. Breakfast will be served. Senior Class pictures will be delivered this day.
- Inaugural Senior Class 2015 Panoramic Picture will be presented as your gift to CTHS at graduation, June 7. This will be the only graduating class picture to be permanently mounted in the main foyer.
- Graduation is Sunday, June 7 @ 1:00 in the FWCC. Students must report to FWCC at 11 a.m. Bring your Cap/Tassel/Gown/lunch. Do not forget your cap/tassel!!!!
- SNAG at Main Event is from 12-6 a.m.. You must ride the SNAG transportation bus to attend!!! Meet at CTHS @ 11 p.m.. It is FREE and tons of FUN!!!!!!!!! Laser Tag and all games, plus food throughout night is FREE!