We Are Together Tamanend!
November 18, 2013
District Boomerang Recognition
Breakfast Cart Next Week
Mixing It Up
Thank you Mr. Klein and Mrs. Cammann for providing this opportunity to grow Together Tamanend.
November's Boomerang Asset
November's Boomerang Asset is Interpersonal Competance: Young person has empathy, sensitivity, and friendship skills. Young person cares about and is aware of other people's feelings. Please take a moment to complete the online nomination form for a Tamanend student who demonstrates interpersonal competance. Nominations are due this Friday, November 22nd.
Parent Portal App
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop and recycle:
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Note, each year you need to reselect Tamanend so that your shopping benefites TMS.
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Got R.o A.R.?
Tiger Track Winner
Emily C. was nominated by Mr. Sterner for her responsibility.
Tiger Track Winner
Ben K. was nominated by Mrs. Leatherbarrow for his respect, achievement, and responsibility.
Sophia C. was nominated for her respect, achievement, and responsibility.
Notes from Previous Tamanend Connections:
- Freshman Baby Photos for Yearbook: Follow the directions linked here to upload your 9th grader's baby photo for this year's yearbook; then send in the order form and $5 to Miss Littley in room 507 before winter break! If you have any questions, please email Miss Littley or Mrs. Brumabugh before the December 23rd deadline. Make sure your photo's file name includes you FIRST and LAST names so that we know whose baby picture you uploaded.
- For more information about Tamanend's 2013-2014 Yearbook, click here.
- The Bucks County Intermediate Unit has partnered with Bucks First Credit Union to recognize teachers who show a superior commitment to teaching thereby making a difference in the classroom and in the lives of students. Nominations are due January 17, 2014. If you would like to nominate a teacher, please click here for more information.
- We frequently conduct safety drills here at Tamanend Middle School to ensure that our students are prepared for various types of emergencies. It is important that your student dresses appropriately for weather, including shoe choices.
- Because the Parent Portal allows parents/guardians to check student progress on a regular basis, we will no longer print and send home interim progress reports. We encourage all parents/guardians to log in and check the Parent Portal on a weekly basis. Parents have access to current grades, assignments, attendance, and more.
- Students may not arrive to school in the morning until 7:10 AM. That is when staff members are available to supervise students.
- Parent Volunteers Needed! Please sign up using our online form. Code word = tms.
- Click here to learn about CBSD efforts against bullying and for resources helpful to parents on this important subject and more.
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- To attend CB South Titan Football games, 9th graders need to show ID at the ticket window, and 7th & 8th graders must be accompanied by a parent.
To receive text alerts from CBSD, click here.