December 18, 2020 Newsletter
Hello SVDP Community,
In case you missed last week's announcement, please be sure to read below. Thank you to those that provided feedback. Please know that I didn't make this determination without considering all the factors that could impact the health and safety of our staff and student population, as well as their families. The resulting decision was made in conjunction with the diocese, the SFDPH, and other members of the SVDP administration. Our long term goal is to return to campus and stay on campus through the end of the school year. Bouncing back and forth between on-campus and distance learning presents challenges and disruption to everyone in our community. I do appreciate that people take the time to provide feedback and please know I am always open to hearing from you.
(From the December 11, 2020 Newsletter)
In light of all the factors that impact both our physical and emotional safety, we have worked with the diocese and have decided to remain in distance learning up to and after our Christmas break. This means that students will not return to campus next week. After Christmas break, distance learning will resume from January 4 - 15. This provides a responsible window for everyone to quarantine and / or test and receive COVID test results. You can register for the SVDP pop-up site on Wednesday, January 6th. See below for details.
Monday, January 18 was already a planned school holiday in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Assuming all of our precautions have been successful, we will welcome students back to campus on Tuesday, January 19 for in-person learning. Wednesday, January 20 will follow the same schedule as a Tuesday (Cohorts A & B for grades K - 4 and Cohort A for grades 5 - 8).
We are also aware that some people ran into problems receiving their COVID test results from the Monday, December 7th pop-up site. We are scheduled to use the company again on January 6th and have made clear our expectations for a smoother results processing. We are also researching other companies that provide a similar service. We are hopeful that we can continue to provide this service to our community as needed.
The Faculty and Staff of SVDP wish you a Merry Christmas!
Gifts Are Tax Deductible
We are excited to announce that we did cross the halfway mark towards our second goal: $200,000.
This program is very important to our efforts to bring your child the best experience at SVDP and to keep tuition increases at a minimum.
Tax deductible donations can be made via check (made payable to SVDP), FACTS account, online, or stocks / securities.
Questions? Contact Brenda Barkley, Development Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.346.5505 x 107
SVDP Giving Tree
MINTED Partnership with SVDP
Saint Vincent de Paul School has partnered with local company, Minted. Through this partnership, you can design cards that reflect you and your unique family, all while raising funds for SVDP! Yes, go to minted.com, use the code in the ad and below, save 20% on your order, and SVDP will receive 15% back from Minted. Start designing now! Whatever you are celebrating, whatever you have to say, be creative and charitable with your message and this offer.
Good through 12/31/20.
UPDATE: Thank you to those that have created cards through Minted and used the promotion code. We have earned over $1,000! The code is valid through 12/31/20, so go ahead, get creative!
San Francisco Department of Public Health Updates
Provided by the San Francisco Department of Public Health on Thursday, December 17, 2020
- Shorten COVID-19 quarantine to 10 days. SFDPH has updated its guidance on quarantine duration for close contacts of COVID-19 cases to align with recent changes by the CDC and the CDPH. Most people who have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 may end their quarantine after day 10 if they do not develop symptoms during this time. SFDPH strongly recommends that close contacts without symptoms get tested on or after day 6 of quarantine. Because there is a small chance that close contacts may still be infected, they should continue to wear a face mask and stay at least 6 feet away from others until day 14. Given the higher risk and impact of transmission in high risk congregate living settings, people who live in dormitories must quarantine for 14 days after their last close contact with a person with COVID-19.
- Mandatory Travel quarantine. SF issued a mandatory quarantine of 10 days on anyone traveling, moving, or returning to San Francisco from anywhere outside the Bay Area. Limited exceptions apply to people who are traveling for certain critical activities. The new order also strongly discourages any non-essential travel within the 10-county Bay Area region. The travel order becomes effective at 12:01 a.m. on December 18, 2020 and will remain in effect until 12:01 a.m. on January 4, 2021 and may be extended as necessary if the surge continues.
COVID-19 Testing at Saint Vincent de Paul
January 6, 2021
We have arranged an on site COVID testing on Wednesday, January 6th. Employees, registered school families, and the immediate family members of either group are invited to utilize this service.
This test is not mandatory, but a courtesy service given the choices people must make about travel and family interactions around Christmas.
The test site will be open from 8:30 – 3:30. You must have an appointment, there will be no walk-ins permitted. If you wish to take part in this testing program, click here for an appointment time. Each individual must have their own appointment time.
Links to the necessary forms will be included in your confirmation email.
At your appointment, please bring:
- A photocopy of the front and back of your medical insurance ID card. They will need one copy for every family member being tested, even if the information is the same. The paperwork stays with the sample, so it cannot be shared.
- Uninsured Form (if applicable)
- Completed Patient Test Request Form
- Completed Consent for Venous Puncture (if applicable)
The test site will be set up in the SVDP gym, please enter the Green St gate and use the west side gym doors.
Follow the link to read the latest news on our school reopening plan.