Kutz Cougar Courier Times
KUTZ ELEMENTARY SCHOOL'S NEWSLETTER
July 11, 2022
- Tuesday, July 12- Kutz Library Open from 9 AM to 11:30 AM (see information below)
- Monday, August 1- Homeroom teachers published in Infinite Campus for students K-6
- Wednesday, August 10- Kutz Library Open from 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM (see information below)
- Friday, August 19 @ 1 PM- Kutz Building Tour for New Families (see information below)
- Thursday, August 25 @ 1 PM- Kindergarten Orientation
- Thursday, August 25- Supply Drop Off (Time TBD)
- Monday, August 29- First Day of School
- Friday, September 2- No School for Students
- Monday, September 5- Labor Day- No School for Students (Offices closed too)
- Tuesday, September 6- BTSN for Grades 1-3 (see below for more information)
- Wednesday, September 7- BTSN for Grades 4-6 (see below for more information)
- Friday, September 9- Kutz Spirit Day (Wear Kutz gear or blue and white!)
- Monday, September 26- Rosh Hashanah- No School for Students
Mrs. Adelberger (principal) and Mrs. Ernst (principal's secretary) are working during the summer months, except for their vacation days. School summer office hours are Monday-Thursday from 7AM to 4:50PM until August 12. August 15 through August 26, the office will be open from 8AM to 3PM. Phones may not be accessible during all of these hours due to supply check-ins, vacation days, etc.
Mrs. Adelberger and Mrs. Ernst are also accessible by e-mail throughout the summer. Mrs. Ernst can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and Mrs. Adelberger can be reached at email@example.com. Teachers and staff members are not required to check e-mail throughout the summer months.
As a reminder, all placements are final. Our Kutz educational team of teachers (general education, special education, PEN), counselor, reading specialists, and principal worked together to carefully place students and build balanced classrooms.
*Math placements for 5th and 6th grade students will not be decided until the week of August 22. Math placements will be communicated to families by September 1 at the very latest.
Kutz Building Tour Opportunity for New Families
All new families are invited for a self-guided tour on August 19 from 1 PM to 2 PM.
Please realize that teachers will not be here on this day, classrooms will not be set up, and some summer cleaning will still be taking place. This is simply an opportunity to see the building before the Supply Drop Off on August 25. During the supply drop off, your child will be able to meet his/her teacher and see the classroom. Please reach out to the Kutz Main Office at 267-893-3900 with any questions. Please complete this brief survey to let Mrs. Adelberger know if you will be attending.
Grade level supply lists are posted on the Kutz webpage. Click here to access the page. You can drop off supplies in your child's classroom during our Supply Drop Off on August 25th. If you are unable to attend the Supply Drop Off, your child can bring their supplies on the first day of school.
Classroom Teachers for 2022-2023
- Kindergarten- Mrs. Kraenbring (AM and PM)
- First Grade- Mrs. Eckenrode, Mrs. Gallaway, and To Be Determined
- Second Grade- Mrs. Corcoran, Mrs. Kallelis, and Mr. Peterson
- Third Grade- Ms. MacNeill, Mrs. Townsend, Ms. Zakuto, and To Be Determined
- Fourth Grade- Mrs. Abato, Ms. Cohen, and Ms. Lere
- Fifth Grade- Mrs. Jeffers, Ms. Sheridan, and Mr. Waldron
- Sixth Grade- Mrs. C. Carroll, Ms. Cunningham, Mr. Geist, and To Be Determined
- Special Education- Ms. Alicea, Ms. Bachman, Mrs. Coyle, Ms. Giordano, and To Be Determined
- PEN- Mrs. Long
Back to School Nights
- Tuesday, September 6 - 5:30 PM- Back to School Night for PEN with Mrs. Long
- Tuesday, September 6 - 5:30 PM- Back to School Night for Special Education with Mrs. Coyle
- Tuesday, September 6 - 6:00 PM- Back to School Night for Grades 1 and 2
- Tuesday, September 6 - 6:30 PM- Back to School Night for Special Education with Ms. Bachman
- Tuesday, September 6 - 7:00 PM- Back to School Night for Grade 3
- Wednesday, September 7 - 5:30 PM- Back to School Night for Special Education with Ms. Giordano
- Wednesday, September 7 - 6:00 PM- Back to School Night for Grades 4 and 5
- Wednesday, September 7 - 6:30 PM- Back to School Night for Grade 5 Math
- Wednesday, September 7 - 6:30 PM- Back to School Night for Special Education with Ms. Alicea
- Wednesday, September 7 - 7:00 PM- Back to School Night for Grade 6
- Wednesday, September 7 - 7:30 PM- Back to School Night for Grade 6 Math
Free and Reduced Lunch for 2022-2023
Central Bucks is pleased to announce the availability of applying for Free and Reduced Price Meals online! The process is SAFE, SECURE, PRIVATE, and AVAILABLE anytime, anywhere!
Instructions: If you are applying for Free and Reduced Lunch and would like your child’s school to provide additional resources to your family, please complete and select which items you would like assistance with. Please return forms to the main office/Mrs. Adelberger (principal).
Health Room Update
Jen Donovan, our certified school nurse, would like to remind families about the health forms which are required each year. Parents are urged to have physical and dental examinations completed by their family physician or dentist. Exams may be completed any time after September 1, 2021 The completed health forms are due to the health office no later than October 15, 2022. Please keep a copy of the health form for your records.
REQUIRED HEALTH EXAMINATIONS FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR:
The State of Pennsylvania mandates the following health examinations:
- Students entering Kindergarten and all students new to the district-- Dental Exam and Physical Exam
- Students entering Grades 3 and 7--Dental Exam
- Students entering Grade 6 and 11-- Physical Exam
Need to Know Your Bus Number, Stop, and Time?
Information is typically released mid/late August. Click here to access the site. By entering your address, parents and students may view the bus stop location, pickup and drop-off times, the bus number, as well as a map view to pinpoint the exact location of the bus stop.
Your student may ride only the bus to which he/she has been assigned unless an Alternate Bus Stop Request has been approved. Information on Alternate Bus Stop Requests can be found here. The Central Bucks Transportation Department will approve requests for childcare or shared custody* situations only as long as certain criteria are met. Parents may access an Alternate Bus Stop Request form by clicking HERE and either fax 267-893-5830 or mail directly to the Central Bucks Transportation Department, 320 West Swamp Road, Doylestown, PA 18901.
Click here for PDF directions for how to input the absence, tardy, or early dismissal.
Click here for video directions for how to input the absence, tardy or early dismissal.
Absence requests will be reviewed by school attendance staff and approved or denied.
Requests made using the parent portal will also serve as the excuse for the absence. Parents will not be required to submit an excuse either electronic or written.
Parents and guardians can also still call the school to report an absence, but emails will no longer be accepted.
In addition, when a student is absent from school, but the school did not receive communication from the parent or guardian, the following communication will be sent:
- A text message will be sent midmorning notifying the parent or guardian of the absence
- An email will also be sent at the end of the school day reminding the parent or guardian that the student was marked absent.
Thank you for your attention to this.
New Student Registration
If you will have a new student (kindergarten, first grade) attending Central Bucks in the fall of 2022, now is the time to register. Enrollment for all new students (grades kindergarten through 12) is now ongoing.
Registering students now ensures that buildings plan for appropriate staff and resources for the coming year. Visit www.cbsd.org/register to complete the process online. If your student is currently enrolled, it is not necessary to re-register them, this process is for new students only.
Visit www.cbsd.org/register for more details, including necessary documents to gather in order to register children. Please consider as soon as possible to aid the district in its planning for 2022-2023.
Kutz Passive Fundraisers
Daily School Hours
Kutz is a "B" School
- Arrival begins at 8:30 AM
- Student day begins at 8:50 AM
- Student day ends at 3:30 PM
- Dismissal Ends at 3:50 PM
- For early dismissal days- dismissal begins at 12:10 PM
- For 2 hour delay days- arrival begins at 10:30 and the student day begins at 10:50
- Morning Kindergarten begins at 8:50 AM (arrival begins at 8:30 AM) and ends at 11:25 AM
- Afternoon Kindergarten begins at 12:55 PM and ends at 3:30 PM
- Beginning in the 2019-2020 school year, we implemented a “modified kindergarten” schedule on weather delay days. The schedule will be as follows for Kutz: AM Students 10:50 AM – 12:35 PM and PM Students 1:45 PM – 3:30 PM
Student Directory 2021-2022
The student directory for the 2021-2022 school year is on the Kutz website! Click here to access it. This is a password protected document. The password was sent in a separate email on October 11th.
Reminder for Volunteer Clearances
The 2021-22 school year brings back opportunities to volunteer in school. If you have not already done so, please click here (https://www.cbsd.org/volunteers) to learn more about the process and requirements to volunteer in CBSD. New this year is the App Garden Volunteer Tracker (https://appgarden5.app-garden.com/VolTrackPA92102.nsf/VolApp.xsp), a contactless application and paperwork submission process. Sign-up is required for both new and returning volunteers.
Clearances expire five years after approval, so please check your CBSD Volunteer card to make sure yours are still current.
Thank you for supporting our staff and students by volunteering your time!
Food Service Information
Want to view our lunch menu? Need to add funds to your child's account? Looking for nutrition information? Need to apply for free and reduced breakfast/lunch? Click here to learn more about Food Services in Central Bucks.
Child Care Program
Looking for more information on our Before and After School Programs? Click here to learn how to register your child.
Kutz Character Traits: Perseverance, Integrity, Respect, Responsibility
Christina Adelberger, Principal