Editing Student Entries
Edit Entry Deadline is February 17th
Print out your "Unofficial Entry Review" from the PRINT MENU.
Region 10N VASE Participants,
We are in the editing portion of this year’s VASE event, so remember that you can edit any portion of an entry (student name, division, medium, etc). You just can’t add or delete an entry. The editing deadline is midnight, February 17.
Here are things that must be cleaned up soon:
1. Check spelling of all names.
2. Make sure all entries have an actual title or description. 2 pieces of work by a student both named “Self-Portrait,” “Still Life,” or “Untitled” is not good enough – you get the idea. There MUST be a way to distinguish between the artworks. The VASE guidelines state that artwork can be disqualified without accurate titles or descriptions, so be careful.
3. Check credit numbers and therefore, divisions. If a student has artwork entered from 2 different teachers, make sure both teachers have the same credits/division. Also, if the student is AP for one, he/she must be AP for both even if the other class is not an AP class.
4. Check accuracy of media.
5. Get your payment requests along with your VASE invoice into your bookkeepers immediately. The payments are due here by February 17, and most districts take a long time processing requests. My suggestion – highlight on the invoice who the check should be made to and where it is to be sent. Without special highlighting, many districts just do it the way their computers are set up to do it.
Contact me if you have any questions or if you need help with the editing process.
Don't forget to check out our Region 10N VASE Website for helpful information for you and your students! The website address is:
Also, back by popular demand! Remind 101 VASE 10N Reminders! You can sign up for text / email reminders about the event and the day of the event by going to:
and sign up for class
Other Important VASE Dates
The VASE Regional Event registration process for Region 10N is based on the following dates.
Edit Student Entries through 02/17/16 Midnight.
Print Invoice after 01/28/16 Midnight, payment due to TAEA Headquarters by 02/17/16.
Registration Closed 02/17/16 Midnight.
Print Forms after 02/17/16 Midnight.
Region 10N VASE Event 02/27/16.
Make Sure You Are Reading the NEW VASE Rules for 2016.
The Blue Ribbon Committee seemed to have been busy this summer! I keep getting rules updates from our State VASE Director, Linda Fleetwood.
Here are some highlights for this year's rule changes so far:
Inappropriate/Offensive Works of Art: TAEA/VASE adheres to displays of artwork that are family friendly.
(A) The following subject matter are inappropriate for VASE and are prohibited:
Artworks that include profane references to a deity, obscene language, drug abuse or paraphernalia, images of suicide or criminal violence.
(B) Teachers must receive campus principal’s signature on the Regional Entry Certification Form verifying the artwork has been reviewed and the content is approved.
Artworks that include [ANY] nudity, implied or explicit sexuality, or any subject matter inappropriate for young adults, and any content that may offend the moral standards of the community.
Too many teachers pushed the boundaries on the nudity realm. There will be NO NUDITY OF ANY FORM/KIND accepted and judged at this year's VASE Event.
Sources for Work INCLUDING IMAGINATION / OBSERVATION:
(E) All artwork must have resources and references attached to the back of the artwork (or in the case of 3D artwork, must be included with the other attached form) such as photographs, rough drafts, thumbnail sketches, and/or production/reflection notes.
- These include but are not limited to student photographs, student sketches, student-directed photographs, production/reflection notes, and any additional secondary references.
- The appropriate box or boxes on the Student Intent and Artwork Identification Form must be checked citing the source or sources for the artwork.
- A detailed description of the source of the image (for example, who took the photo and where it was taken) must be written in the appropriate section on the Student Intent and Artwork Identification Form.
- Digital 3D printed work must have attached source to justify originality.