December 22, 2023
Edgenuity Extensions & Schedules
Mrs. Nast has given extensions to all students who requested them or if she noticed in your courses that you may need more time. By the end of break, you will have your new courses in Edgenuity for Semester II. It is very important that you reach out to your mentor or Mrs. Nast if something doesn't look right in your schedule, or if you'd like a different elective, as we have two weeks to drop/add courses without additional charges.
Semester I Final Grades
In-Person OVA Support
Our next in-person academic support will not be held until Wednesday, January 10 from 10:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in Room 205 at Otsego High School.
Our next in-person SEL lesson with Mrs. Starr will also be held on Wednesday, January 10 from 10:15 to 11:00 a.m. for grades 3 through 6 in Room 205 at Otsego High School. We haven't had any interest in the SEL lessons for grades 7-12, but if your student is interested, just email Mrs. Nast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CKH Winter Break Challenge
Reminders from Mrs. Raseman:
- Next semester you will be signed up for art class for one of your electives. If you need some art supplies, please let Mrs. Raseman know.
- If you received extensions on your courses- you may work in them until January 5. Then, they will be closed out.
- Please arrange a time with Mrs. Raseman to gather your elementary workbooks the week we come back from break!
Edgenuity Helpful Links
Capturing Kids’ Hearts
December's character trait is Responsibility. We utilize these character traits to help students both socially and emotionally. We understand that a student's mental well-being takes priority over their academic achievement, and that the more we pour into their heart, the more they will pour into us and their academics.
What is Responsibility?
Responsibility is the willingness and ability to take ownership of our thoughts, words, and actions. We have a responsibility to our school, family, and community to be accountable for our choices and how they impact ourselves and others.
Why focus on Responsibility?
- Responsibility teaches resilience. It is not possible to persevere and achieve our dreams without taking personal responsibility seriously.
- Responsibility empowers us to own our actions. There is great power in being able to make conscious, calculated choices to reach goals and manage those things in our control.
- Responsibility teaches us to manage our time and resources. Responsibly organizing and prioritizing needs is an executive function of the brain that improves with practice.