Ludington Elementary School
Dear LES Families,
One of the advantages of opening our school in January is that we were able to develop some routines and procedure to help with a smooth arrival and dismissal process. We hope this helps to get our year off to a smooth start for everyone!
- Bryant Road Update: The right turn lane was extended significantly at the entrance on Bryant Road. We hope this helps to alleviate the congestion on Bryant and allow through traffic to get by safely.
- Arrival: Starting at 7:30, students may be dropped off. The drop off location for 3-5 students is just before the front of the building. K-2 cars should stay in the left lane until after the crosswalk. Merge to the right. Pull up to the last open spot. There will be plenty of extra staff and student safeties around to be sure your child gets to the correct location. Upon arrival, students should report to the playground or cafeteria for breakfast.
- Dismissal: Our dismissal process will begin at 3:11. Car pick-up begins at 3:20 (or after our buses depart). Please remember that you (or the person that is picking up your child) will need the PikMyKid car tag or the app. Dismissal changes can be made in PikMyKid until 2:15 each day.
- Videos and additional helpful resources are available at: https://www.lasd.net/schools/ludington-elementary-school/arrival-and-dismissal-procedures/
- The first week is always the busiest! We appreciate your patience as we work hard to get everyone where they need to be safely.
We look forward to an amazing school year! Please know that we are always here to help out in any way we can to make sure your child is successful at Ludington Elementary School.
See you on Tuesday, September 6th!
🕰 Early Dismissal for Y5/K Students on 9/6 and 9/7
Y5/K Parents, please be sure to fill out the Google Form that was sent by your child's teacher to inform them of how your child will get home the first week of school.
If you are a picking up a student in grades 1-5, please do not arrive to campus prior to 1:45.
First Day of School
To ensure the safety of all students, we do not allow families to walk their child to the classroom. We also do not have the space for all of our students and their grownups on our playground.
- For the first day, Y5/K-2nd grade parents will be allowed to walk your child to assist them in finding their line spot, but we ask that you do not linger on the playground. If you choose this option, you will need to park in the front parking lot and walk along the sidewalk to the playground on the west side of the building. Please use the crosswalk. We kindly ask that you stay to the north of the playground entrance. We want to make sure that our students that are dropped off can safely make it to the playground.
- Our 3-5 students can be walked to the playground, but we kindly ask that you say your goodbyes at the gate. If you choose this option, you will need to park in the front parking lot and follow the sidewalk east of the building. Please use the crosswalk.
🍱 Breakfast and Lunch
Breakfast and Lunch menus can be found here. It's always a great idea to make sure your child knows if you would like them to get a breakfast each morning. We also encourage you to review the lunch menus to be sure there are items that your child likes to eat.
Accounts can be paid by sending money to school in a clearly labeled envelope. You can also create an online account here.
📝 Resources for School Supplies
LES ATTENDANCE LINE
- 9/6/22 First Day of School; Y5/K Dismissal at 1:00; 1-5 Dismissal at 3:11
- 9/7/22 Y5/K Dismissal at 1:00; 1-5 Dismissal at 3:11
- 9/8/22 Full Day
- 9/9/22 Full Day
- 9/30/22 No School- District PD Day; Homecoming