RSG Round Up
Cambria & Clearfield Counties Programs
Dear Students, Families and Supporters,
Sue, Chelsea and all of the RSG staff!
2021/22 After School Programs
Registration information will be going out via Remind, and being sent home from school with students. Programs will begin after Labor Day.
If you would like us to send you an enrollment packet directly, please message us on Remind, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 814-472-2225 ext. 4.
See you at school!
Site Spotlight -- Summer Camp!
Glendale School District
Grades Served by RSG: K-8
RSG Summer Teachers and Staff:
- Stephanie Kasaback
- Tisha Rorabaugh
- Ashlee Gallaher
- Brenda Hewitt
- Lauryn Clarkson
- Kristin Hewitt
Years Served: 1st Year of in-person summer program!
“We are thrilled that RSG was able to organize our summer program this year. We had a nice mix of students who were looking to further their skills after a very challenging school year as well as students who just enjoyed the social interactions, games, and activities. All students left each day smiling and ready to come back the next day for some more summer fun. They especially enjoyed Art with Helen, Sports with Rob, and Yoga with Brandy in addition to the fun and educational activities our own wonderful Glendale teachers were able to offer through RSG.”
-Mrs. Bacher, Glendale Elementary Principal
A great way to decrease stress is to plan ahead for the coming year before the first day of school!
Check out this article from Care.com called "101 Back-To-School Tips for Kids and Parents."
Our top 10 tips from the article are:
- Set your kids’ sleep schedules back to “school time” two weeks before the first day of school.
- Create a family calendar that tracks everyone’s activities and commitments.
- Have a backup transportation plan in case your kids miss the bus.
- Get your kids involved in programs they can do after school to keep them active.
- Create an “inbox” for kids to leave things that need your attention, like permission slips.
- Set — and enforce — regular weekday and weekend bedtimes.
- Teach kids to prioritize their assignments by making to-do lists with deadlines.
- Touch base with teachers early on to troubleshoot any issues your kids may be having.
- Establish a set “family time,” whether it’s during dinner or before bed.
- Carve out blocks of fun time for your kids, based on what they enjoy doing most.