Week at a Glance
This weekend I made a Valentine for Zach. His teacher is doing a special project with the class that is a spin off of Flat Stanley. It's pretty cool!
His teacher sent a message to all the parents of her students requesting they reach out to family members and ask that they send a Valentine's Day card to the school addressed to the student. The teacher is going to keep all the cards until this Friday when the class has their Valentine's Day party. At the party, the cards will be "mailed" to the children as a surprise. From there, the class will map out on a World/US map where each of the cards were mailed from. I think Zach will love this! I wish I could be there to see the expression on his face.
- 7:30 a.m.--whole group collaboration
- 10:00 a.m.--collaboration--Karen, Peg, Cathy, & Jill
- 12:30 p.m.--case conference--Kurt, Lucinda, Mary, Heather, & Karen
- 2:00 p.m.--case conference--Janelle, Chelsie, & Karen
- 2:40 p.m.--Music Makers practice
- 3:45 p.m.--discussions meeting @ ENCO--Jackie & Karen
- 6:00 p.m.--archery practice
- 7:45 a.m.--meeting @ ENCO--Karen
- 8:30 a.m.--prin. meeting @ ENCO--Karen
- 2:50 p.m.--NCA committee meeting
- 2:50 p.m.--RTI meeting--Gr. 3 & 4
- 6:30 p.m.--band concert
- Karen gone for NWEA training all day
- 10:45 a.m.--case conference--Erin, Stephanie, Jessica, & Beth S.?
- 2:50 p.m.--writing training w/Mindy Hoffar in MP room
- 6:00 p.m.--archery practice
- 8:30 a.m.--Submit Student of the Week nomination
- 2:00 p.m.--meeting--Josh & Karen
- 3:30 p.m.--district PD @ ENHS--writer's workshop & 6+1 Traits
- 6:00 p.m.--basketball practice
- 3:30 p.m.--Weekly Notes due from gr. 2
- ADVANCED STUFF: Yeah! All of our reports for the upcoming AdvancED visit is done and submitted. There have been a number of items that Beth and I have worked on since the fall and it's a relief to have it all done. In the next few weeks, we will meet as a staff to discuss more thoroughly what the onsite visit will entail, what the specific details are, and what we need to prepare. The visit will be here before you know it!
- ISTEP TESTING: Please let me know if you find any errors on the ISTEP testing schedule I sent out last week. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone/anything! As my email stated previously, I will be meeting with all those involved in testing prior to February 29 to review procedures, review the small group testing schedule, etc. In the meantime, let me know if you have any questions.
- NOTICE & NOTE BOOK STUDY: The next book study session for Notice & Note will be held on Wednesday, March 2. We will be discussing section 3 which is about the signposts. (pages 112-179) Let's plan to meet in the conference room. :-)
- DENTAL PROGRAM: The dental health program has been rescheduled for Thursday, February 22. I believe we will be able to follow the same schedule that was set for this past week.
- HAGT TESTING: Beth M. will be doing HAGT testing with the students who were recommended for testing on February 17. She will be testing the students in the multipurpose room so please be aware that the room will be unavailable all day. Beth will work with classroom teachers to set up a testing schedule.
- CRAIG: Dennis Nartker from the News-Sun will be shadowing Craig on February 17 for an article that he will be writing for the newspaper--the day in the life of a school custodian. What a great honor for Craig! Dennis will be in uniform just like Craig. James Tew will be shooting some video in the morning and a photographer will be at WC in the afternoon to get some photos. Please let the kiddos know that Dennis is a "guest custodian". We'll have a badge and all for him too. :-)