Choosing a Therapy
Goals for Treatment in Both Therapies
- Help client develop a more realistic view of their world.
- Teaches clients to differentiate between the evaluation of their behavior and of their self.
- Teaches clients that to accept others they need to first learn to accept their self (Corey, 2013).
- Clients take active role in treatment
- Clients expectations and goals set from the beginning of therapy
- assessments are done throughout the entire process
- Teaches clients to increase their personal choices when it comes to their behavior (Corey, 2013).
Used Together or Seperately
These therapies can be used separately to focus on just one dimension of the self to eliminate an undesired behavior. However used together they help treat the person as a whole. The best approach to use when dealing with procrastination would be an integrative approach using both therapies. By incorporating both therapies you would be able to use a diverse set of treatment options to deal with the behavior and the underlying issues that is causing the behaviors.