Casa Italiana Picnic in the Park!
Although Casa Italiana will not physically be re-opening this fall, we'd like to invite you all to a "Picnic in the Park" as a way to say welcome back (virtually) this semester and visit with one another once again (from safe distances, of course!).
Location: Channing H. Philbrick Park
1 Linear Park Dr, Penfield, NY 14526
Date & Time: Sunday, August 23rd, 1pm
Tickets include both food and beverage and will be catered by Paninoteca. Each "boxed lunch" will include the following:
1. your choice of panino
- The Sicilian (can be made vegetarian) - Tangy eggplant, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts with spicy soppressata and provolone cheese
- Napoli (can be made vegetarian) - Prosciutto with fresh mozzarella, arugula, tomatoes and olive oil
- Salsicce e Rappi - Italian Sausage with rappi and provolone cheese
- Campagna - Mortadella and prosciutto with provolone and olive tapenade
- Grilled Chicken - Grilled Chicken breast, marinated in lemon and garlic with sundried tomatoes, asiago cheese, spinach and lemon aioli
2. one arancino (traditional with meat or spinach & cheese)
3. side salad
4. bag of potato chips
Casa will provide water & soft drinks. Anyone wishing to have any other beverage (wine included) is welcome to bring it along.
Please feel free to bring your own blankets, lawn chairs, and/or card tables to help us safely socially distance. There will be some tables available at the all open pavilion to spread out and use as well.
We will be practicing safe distances, as well as providing pre-ordered boxed lunches so there will be no direct handling of food.
Please RSVP (email firstname.lastname@example.org) by THIS FRIDAY, August 14th with the number of guests attending and please include your choice of panino and arancino.
Payment can be made by check sent to Casa Italiana or at the "door" that day.
Most importantly, for those who have never been to Paninoteca, located on 266 Park Ave, please know that it makes panini as good as the ones you find in Italy!!! It is a great place to go!
Casa Italiana Book Clubs
Our Casa Italiana Book Clubs will be starting again in September, but this time on Zoom!
"Amici di lettura" Book Club in Italian:
Meets the 2nd Saturday of every month, starting 9/12, at 11am.
First meeting will be a simple meet & greet, introductions, and selection of our first book!
*spaces available, please email Casa to sign up!
Book Club in English:
Meets the 1st Saturday of every month, starting 9/5, at 11am.
*spaces are currently full, please contact Casa if you are interested in joining.
**Zoom links will be provided soon.
Coast to Coast: from Naples & the Amalfitan Coast to Palermo by boat, bus, and on foot!
Casa Italiana's 2021 Trip will be to the Amalfi Coast, Naples, Capri, and Sicily!
The dates will be June 1st - June 15th (14 nights).
The first informational meeting will be Friday, 8/28, at 6pm on Zoom.
**Zoom link will be provided in the coming weeks.
Fall Italian Language Courses
Our Italian Language & Literature Courses will be offered online again through Zoom for the fall semester. Classes will begin the week of August 31st and finish the week of November 16th, running for a total of 12 weeks. We hope you will join us!
Click link below to visit our website for course information.
- To register, please email Casa Italiana at email@example.com for payment instructions.
- Cost: $228 for Casa members, $276 for non-members.
- After registration and prior to the start of classes, instructors will provide the Zoom links for the courses to all participants via email.