A Rainforest on Mars?!
By: Piper Bosart and Liesl Netherland
Newspaper Entry Before "Mission Mars"
-New York Times
Plants Sent to Mars:
- Lemon grass: can cure types of cancer, can cure a fever, and can be used in tea
- Sweet potato: used for food in the rain forest for animals and humans and has pretty flowers that can make the rain forest more attractive
- Indian shot: used for thatching houses, can be used as a spice, and is also a fruit
Animals Sent to Mars:
- Spectacled bear: can be good protein for humans, and they won't eat humans because they love fruit
- Yucatan white-tailed deer: they only eat grass and plants and they would also be a good meat source for humans
- Giant ant eater: they will eat all of those ants that we do not want that may escape into the human head quarters (ants are one of the animals we are bringing that was not mentioned)
All rain forests of the world
Climate of Rain forest
When we decided Rain forest, we definitely had to take into account the climate, our animals, and humans would face! So we looked up what kind of climate there is! Usually the climate yearly is humid, mainly because of the 250 cm (per year) of rain. It is very warm, but rainy. Also because the rain forest is by the equator. Another thing is, frequently the water cycle is repeated.The plants in the rain forest, have adapted to the low amount of sunny weather. Water vapor is large there because of the warm climate, and how water vapor is held easier. It is considered a tropical rain forest, and has the warm, but rainy climate. Up to 4 inches of rain, can come in one month in the rain forest.