Stilwell Monday Message
Student and Family Communication
October - 10/25/21
No School today because of conferences.
Tomorrow is a BLACK day!
Important Upcoming Dates
- 10/25 - Virtual Conferences (no school day and no virtual learning)
- 10/29 - Career Day
- 10/29 - Students can wear school appropriate costumes (faces must be visible)
- 11/3/21 Picture Retakes
Erica Whittle - Principal
7th & 8th Grade After School Yearbook Club
Interested in helping with the Stilwell yearbook? Like to take photographs? Curious about advertising? Writing? Proofing? Going to events? No experience necessary! Join the after-school Yearbook Club. We will meet every other Tuesday after school from 2:45 to 3:00 PM in the school library. If you cannot make the meeting but would like to join, contact Mrs. Payton.
First meeting October 26th
Email Mrs. Payton at email@example.com
SCIBA Honor Band Festival
- Owen Borgstadt, percussion
- Everett Hickman, trombone
- Michael McNamara, trombone
- Keagan Dyer, french horn
- Landon Stull, alto saxophone
- Veronica Eure, flute
- Henry Fergus, trumpet
- Johnathan Henn, trombone
WDMCS - Family Support Groups
To best support underserved/underrepresented students, West Des Moines Community Schools has partnered with district families to create support groups for adult family members and caring adults of students of color and LGBTQIA+ students. Both groups will launch in the 2021-22 school year and will provide parents, guardians, and other caring adults with support networks and opportunities to learn, grow, and share resources.
The mission of the WDMCS Family Support Groups is to support, educate, and advocate for vulnerable and underrepresented student groups in WDMCS. We believe that organizing and connecting is a form of self-care and an act of self-preservation for ourselves and our families:
- Support: We provide support for parents/guardians so that we can nurture our children to be strong and resilient, proud of their identities.
- Education: We are a resource for educating our community in areas of race, ethnicity, racism, gender, and sexual orientation in our pursuit of equity, inclusion, and diversity.
- Advocacy: We advocate for our own children and all vulnerable student groups in the district, specifically by working with building equity leads and equity teams.
For more information on meeting times, please visit the following link
Drop Off & Pick-Up Protocol
We understand our parking lot drop-off and pick-up process can be time-consuming. However, we need all families to follow the procedures to ensure our students are safe. Please remember these guidelines:
- Do not use the back parking lot and blacktop in the back of the building.
- Do not use the local business as a place to pick up your child.
- Do not drop off your student or stop for any reason along Vine Street or Grand Avenue.
- Do not pull into the bus lanes along Vine Street.
- Do not allow your student to exit the vehicle until you have pulled up to the curb in the parking lot.
- Please drive slowly through the parking lot.