Something to Buzz About...
Ms. Higgins March 7- 11, 2016
- Spelling: Suffixes: -er, -or, -ess, and -ist
- Conventions: Singular and Plural Pronouns
- Cursive: Uppercase letters A, O, D, C,and E.
- Writing Process: This week during our Rockin' Research we started to collect and gather research about the life cycle of our animals. In addition, we started to collect ideas of how we want to begin drafting the introduction to our papers.
- This week we continued Topic 12: Time. We learned how to figure out elapsed time. We also learned how to tell time to the nearest minute, time to the half hour, and quarter hour. We will review these concepts on Monday and take our Topic 12 test on Tuesday.
- This week in science we discussed animals and their role in a food web. We read Wolf Island to support our thinking about what happens to a habitat when an important animal is removed.
We have been practicing and keeping up with our math facts!
- Our next Math Topic 12 Assessment will be Tuesday, March 15, 2016