September 4th, 2015
Volunteer Sign Ups Now Available
We're using VolunteerSpot (the leading online signup and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming activity.
Please sign up for Mr. Koewers' Class Helpers!
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/VQdYyD
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Student Council Representative
Help support the HSE Foundation by donating boxes of pasta to the local Hamilton County food pantries.
· Each class with 30 + boxes of pasta will win a reward recess.
· Collect all the boxes in your homeroom.
· Mrs. Riethman will ask you to bring them to her office on Thursday, September 10th.
· Reward recess will be held on Monday, September 14th.
Our class has collected 13 boxes so far. Only 17 more to go by next Thursday to earn the reward weekend!
What's Happening This Week?
· Writer's Workshop: What stories from our lives can we write about? What details can we add to make them more interesting?
· Reader's Workshop: This week we continue to build reading stamina, writing stamina, and will begin some word work.
· Math Workshop: What does a digit's place in a number tell us about the value? We will continue learning place value up to the 10,000 place.
· Science: What is the scientific process? How can we sort and identify rocks?
8:45-9:00 Morning Procedures/Student Jobs
9:00-9:30 Learning Clubs
9:35-10:10 Related Arts
10:15-10:30 Morning Meeting/Goal Setting
10:30-12:00 Reader's Workshop
12:00-12:30 Social Studies/Science
1:40-2:50 Math Workshop
2:50-3:30 Writer's Workshop
What's Going on Here at Cumberland Road Elementary School?
Upcoming CRES Events
September 1st - September 10th: Pasta Bowl
September 7th: Labor Day - No School
September 11th: Student Half day for Teacher Professional Development
September 18th: Tie Dye Day
September 25th: Grillin' & Chillin'
**Get these Special Events on Your Calendar**
October 1st: Roadrunner Rally
April 22nd: CRES Fest
Lunch Visits and Background Checks
For more information on background checks and the anti-bullying webinar, please visit:
Red Folders and Student Planners
The student planners will be coming home each night. This will be one form of school to home communication. Please check the planner each night and sign that you have seen it. Students will be recording any homework they may have as well as occasionally documenting what they've learned during the day so that you are able to start up a conversation about what is happening at school.