Tison Roo News 2015-16
Week of November 30th - December 4th
UPCOMING TISON EVENTS
Thursday, Dec. 3 –- Boys Basketball @ Mineral Wells (5:00 PM) / Girls Basketball @ Tison (5:00 PM)
Thursday, Dec. 10 -- Girls Basketball @ Burleson Hughes (5:00 PM) / Boys Basketball @ Tison (5:00 PM)
Friday, Dec. 11 -- Tison/Hall A Team Basketball Tournament starting at 5:00 PM -- 7th grade @ Hall & 8th grade @ Tison
Saturday, Dec. 12 -- Tison/Hall A Team Basketball Tournament starting at 9:00 AM -- 7th grade @ Hall & 8th grade @ Tison
BASKETBALL CONCESSION STANDS
Parents! We REALLY need your help at the Tison Basketball Games!
We need concession stand workers for both the girls and boys home basketball games - each volunteer spot is an hour long so you can sign up for a time that isn't during your student's game time. Please use the following link to sign up and help out!
Basketball Concession Stand Volunteer Sign-up: http://vols.pt/fLQsTd
**We especially need extra workers during the upcoming Tison/Hall A Team Basketball Tournament on Friday, Dec. 11th and Saturday, Dec. 12th. If you think you can help out in the concession stand during this tournament, please click on the above link and look for the volunteer spots on Dec. 11th & 12th. Thanks!**
Message from Mr. Golightly, the Tison Art Teacher
Congrats to the following students whose art work was chosen to compete in the 2016 Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo Art Contest!
Message from Mrs. Ward, the Tison Counselor
To Tison 8th Grade Parents:
Thanks again to those of you who attended the 8th grade 4-year planning meeting on Tuesday, November 17th. If you missed the meeting, please sign up for another time after reviewing the plan your student brought home. These meetings need to be scheduled by Dec. 14th.
All student plans need to be signed and returned in order for them to be ready for 9th grade promotion. As always, we appreciate your effort.
Jeans for Troops
Tison Library Candy Buffet -- Friday, Nov. 20th (after school)
The Tison Library Candy Buffet -- a HUGE success!
Congratulations to the following students who received a "golden ticket" to the candy buffet hosted by the Tison Library on Friday, November 20th. These students had at least five spaces filled in on their Tison Library Reading BINGO sheet, which meant they had read at least five books since August 24, 2015.
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT -- 20 QUESTIONS IN 60 SECONDS
Camille Fournier, 8th Grader
Camille was nominated by a Tison staff member because of how hard she works and her drive for learning -- she is even willing to come in during her lunch time to work on assignments! Camille is such a kind, hard-working student that was chosen by the staff to represent Tison as the Optimist "Girl of the Month" for November!
In order to get to know Erin a little better, she completed a student version of the questionnaire - "20 Questions in 60 Seconds". Below are her answers:
1. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
2. Do you have any pets? If so, what are their names?
yes (horses) Santastar,and Giddyup
3. If you could have the perfect birthday party, what would it be?
4. What is your favorite food?
not a picky eater
5. What is your favorite kind of candy?
6. What is your favorite color?
purple and blue
7. What is your favorite zoo animal?
most of them
8. What do you want to be when you get older? Why?
something in the medical field because its very interesting and cool
9. What is one thing you don't know how to do that you wish you did?
10. What is your favorite thing to study at school?
11. What do you like to do for fun?
I love to ride horses and dive/snorkel
12. Do you prefer to spend your time inside or outside?
both but mostly outside
13. What do you like to do as soon as you get home from school?
have a snack
14. What is your favorite TV show? Why?
I like investigation shows when they're not scary
15. What is your favorite movie? Why?
I like romantic comedy
16. What is the best toy that you ever had?
17. What is your favorite restaurant?
there's too many
18. Who has the best kids' meal toys right now?
don't eat out a lot
19. What is your favorite book?
the Lonely Hearts Club
20. What is your favorite video game?
STAFF SPOTLIGHT -- 20 QUESTIONS IN 60 SECONDS
Wendy Mohr -- Algebra & 8th Grade Math Teacher
Who doesn't love Wendy Mohr?? She's an amazing staff member at Tison who is always willing to help others and can usually find the humor in life.
In order to know a little bit more about Wendy as a person, she completed the "20 Questions in 60 Seconds" questionnaire. Below are her answers:
1. What three traits define you?
exuberant, hysterical, gregarious (thanks to my son)
2. What is your personal philosophy?
you reap what you sow (and sometimes that is not good)
3. What's one thing you couldn't live without?
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome in your life thus far?
5. What is the one thing you cannot resist?
6. What is your greatest fear?
no Mexican food
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
anywhere with family and friends
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
9. Where is the best place you've traveled to and why?
NYC - seeing World Trade Center site and so much to see and do in such a small area
10. What's the weirdest job you've ever had?
landscaper - I don't have a green thumb
11. What does true leadership mean to you?
Being an example to others.
12. Which one would you want most -- flying cars, robot housekeepers, or moon cities?
I guess a moon city because my car already flies and my housekeeper talks in a robot voice.
13. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
The credit card
14. What would you do (for a career) if you weren't doing this?
15. If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
16. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
You are not as stupid as that English teacher says you are.
17. What are your three most overused words/phrases?
ocho, cinco, uno
18. How do you define success?
Helping others to reach their potential and dreams.
19. What is the best book you have ever read?
To Kill a Mockingbird
20. Tell us something that might surprise us about you.
I really like Mexican food.
CONNECT WITH TISON ON TWITTER!
Just search for and then "follow" the following:
@tisonprincipal (Principal, Carrie Harrison)
@WeatherfordDad (Assistant Principal, Trace Craft)
@LisaEdmunds (Assistant Principal, Lisa Edmunds)
@1LBaird (Keyboarding teacher, Laura Baird)
@belledirector (Tison All Stars/WHS Blue Belles Director, Laura Buckner)
@MrsFentonTMS (7th grade Math & yearbook teacher, Leslie Fenton)
@Profe_Ferrell (Spanish teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Kym Ferrell)
@mrsafowler (Texas History teacher, Amanda Fowler)
@coachgommert (7th grade Science teacher & coach, Colton Gommert)
@tisonlibrary (Librarian, Leah Greer)
@MharrisScience (7th grade Science teacher, Melissa Harris)
@AndreaHayward3 (8th grade Math teacher, Andrea Hayward)
@KerfootSylvia (STACI aide, Sylvia Kerfoot)
@ErinLight3 (7th grade ELA teacher & Tennis coach, Erin Light)
@SimplyDramaStac (Theater Arts teacher, Stacey Mitchell)
@wmohr8 (8th grade Math teacher, Wendy Mohr)
@mattnovikoff (Inclusion/Math Resource Teacher, Matt Novikoff)
@stpatterson11 (8th grade ELA teacher & cheerleading sponsor)
@smilesas8 (8th grade Science teacher, Sally Scott)
@ToniScience (8th grade Science teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Toni Smith)