Week of March 11th
As I sat and looked at the calendar this weekend, I realized, we are in busy season and the time of the year when the weeks are SO busy! When things get busy, it is easy to not be as well planned or not be as committed to supporting readers, writers, mathematicians, scientists, thinkers, artists,etc in our classrrooms/school! Stay strong! Plan well and know that you are making a difference by growing thinkers. Every day matters!
23.5 days until Spring Break
13 days until the end of the 3rd quarter
47 .5 days until End of Grade Testing begins
55.5 days left in the academic year to GROW our students
DO NOT get stressed... own a relentless commitment to growing students! CONTINUE to make a difference everyday...no matter how many extra things are planned! Our students are fortunate to have such rockstars supporting their growth daily!
Important Dates for Week:
Monday, March 11th:
- 3rd/K PLC
- BEST after school after dismissal in Hackney's room
Tuesday, March 12th:
- DLT/PBIS Meetings
- PTA Meeting 5:30 - 6:20
- Kindergarten Musical 6:30 in MPR
Wednesday, March 13th:
- 4th/1st PLC
- Carla out at monthly principal meeting
Thursday, March 14th:
- 5th/2nd PLC
- Kindergarten Field Trip
Friday, March 15th:
- Required Staff Development Workday (Building will be open from 6:30 - 5:00)
- A link will be shared with all staff this week from the ASIS department that includes details about Friday.
Playground Addition: We are still waiting for the installation of the new playground equipment. We will send an email out once we know they are coming/are here. : ) Until then, feel free to play on the playground.
School Improvement Team: Check in with your rep. about the latest meeting. Notes for the year are here.
Final NC Checkins
- Mark your calendars, support staff...we will be doing our last round of NC Checkins for 3rd - 5th graders the mornings of March 28th and 29th. Please know we may need you to administer the test to a group during those days.
Report Card Grades:
- End of the 3rd nine weeks - March 28th
- Report Cards will go home with everyone Friday, April 5th
- Grades will be Due to Evonne on Tuesday, April 2nd at 8 am
Chatham County Job Fair
- We are in need of 4 certified staff members to represent NCE at the upcoming job fair. The date is May 2nd from 4:00 - 7:00. We will have two shifts. One from 3:30 - 5:30 and one from 5:30 - 7:30. Please submit your name to this google form if you are interested in participating. Carla will get back with you after seeing how much interest we have!
Consider completing a Positive Office Referral this week!
- Feedback? Suggestions?....leave us some info in the Weekly Note!
Car Duty for the Week:
PM Duty:Team 3 - Gomez, Rafetto, Carazo, Brillhart, Robinson, Knaus, Lowing, Spencer
Please do not send out mass emails regarding other covering duty for you due to an absence/progressional development. We must have confirmed people out at car duty and we have been short several days due to no one answering the mass email and/or people not covering their duty. This is too important a time of day for us to hope someone sees the email and helps out. Please text a friend that doesn't have duty to switch with you and/or text Carla