Using the 'Net
Research, create, explore & collaborate online!
- Students will use proper online search methods that result in faster, more accurate results.
- Students will be able to distinguish credible websites, and the best resources for their objective while following "RADCAB" guidelines (relevancy, authority, detail, currency, appropriateness, and bias).
- Students will learn how to avoid plagiarism through paraphrasing and summarizing texts, as well as proper citation format.
- Students will learn about copyright law and creative commons licensing, and will be able to identify audio, image, and video files legally available for download.
- Students will discuss leaving a "digital footprint" and the proper use of social media sites, posting etiquette, and privacy settings.