It has been amazing having our kids back in the building. They have been rockstars! With the distancing, cleaning, and masking requirements in place throughout the day, we've been impressed with everyone's ability to adapt to and accept the changes, which has led to school feeling pretty much like a normal school day. Learning is happening in every corner of the building, and the sounds of the activities coming from the classrooms, laughter and running on the playground, and feet walking safely and responsibly in the hallways, has been a breath of fresh air. We're so happy to have students at The Creek again!
This week marks the end of quarter three and Parent-Teacher Conferences are being held on April 8th-9th. If you have not already signed up to conference with your child's teacher(s), please click here to schedule a time. All conferences will be done virtually this spring. Also, please take a few minutes to fill out the Fall 2021 Decision and Feedback Survey (links below). This information is critical for planning for next school year. Thank you!
The Oregon Department of Education released their latest update of Ready Schools, Safe Learners on April 2nd, which provides guidance to schools and districts for in-person and hybrid instruction. Any changes that arise from updated guidance will be communicated with families as soon as possible via Schoo Messenger, Class Dojo, and/or posted to our website. Based on the updated guidance, we will now be able to offer our middle school students a 5-day per week schedule beginning Wednesday, April 14th. This is exciting news! Teachers will be sending out info to students for asynchronous only work for Monday and Tuesday, April 12th and 13th - middle school students will not attend in person on those days. Please read the letters below from Mr. Yates and Hamilton Creek School for more information.
If you have any questions feel free to give us a call.
Happy Spring, everyone!
Drop-off and Dismissal Reminders
Thank you for your support and patience as we got our dismissal figured out during the first week back. It has been smooth sailing since. We appreciate everyone being safe, distanced, and masked while on campus, and waiting patiently as students are picked up.
School starts at 8:00 for K-5th graders and doors open at 7:45. At this time we cannot have visitors in our building.
School starts at 9:15 for 6th-8th graders and doors open at 9:00.
Dismissal:K/1st graders and their siblings will be released daily at 12:50.
2nd-5th graders will be released by 1:00.
6th-8th graders will be released at 2:30
If you would like to check on your child's bus route or inquire about busing to your address, please call the transportation department at 541-259-8931 (or visit their website for info)
Middle school sports are back! Click the button above for information. You can call Seven Oak Middle School to inquire, as well.
Need assistance with Canvas, Seesaw, or anything tech related?
Our Citizenship Focus of the Month is...
March - Jessica Haase
Stress Busters: Supporting Positive Mental Health
Here is a useful visual put together by The Children’s Health Council:
Here are some specific examples of activities that will support positive mental wellness:
- Go on a walk or a hike to get some fresh air
- Journal while listening to soothing music
- Deep breathing or mindfulness exercises (The Calm Zone)
- Read to or with your child before bedtime
- Zoom or social distanced playdates at the park
- Arts and crafts (a great outlet for creativity & self expression)
- Prepare and eat healthy meals together
- Take a multivitamin (Vitamin D is great for combating the winter blues)
- Play board games together (laughter is great medicine!)
Here are a couple simple and kid friendly stress buster activities:
Students are earning Cougar Slips and Cougar Tokens for following the 3 Be's...ask your student how they're doing!
- 4/7/21 - Teacher Prep, No School
- 4/8-4/9 - Parent-Teacher Conferences - No School Schedule Here
- 4/13/21 Picture Day #1 K-5 students (packets sent home with students 4/6)
- 4/15/21 - Picture Day #2 Middle School and Make-up Day
- 5/3-5/7 Teacher Appreciation Week
- 5/17-5/21 Classified Appreciation Week
- 5/3/211 - Memorial Day, No School
- 6/4/21 - Strawberry Festival - early release
- 6/9/21 - Last Day of School - early release
Have you connected with our amazing PTA this year?!
President Jaclyn Robertson and our super parent volunteers would love to have your ideas and support at their next meeting.