ms.Grays Social studies
- At the age of 30 in Sparta's military you were aloud to return home and have a family ans spend time with them but you were still a part of the military.
- At the age of 60 you can retire from the military.
Government in Sparta
- Two councils headed council of elders.
- The council, which included 28 citizens over the age of 60, presented laws to an assembly.
- All men over the age of 30 belonged to the assembly.
- By focussing on military training, the spartans fell behind other Greeks in trade.
Religion in sparta
- Experts say that children in Sparta wore a mask called Miniature mask to show there move from childhood to adulthood.
- In Sparta there was a temple named Sanctuary of Artemis Orthia that housed the statue of the goddess.
- The ivory lion was left as an offering for the goddess Artemis Orthia.
- The Bronze dog was also left as an offering for goddess Artemis Orthia.
- The miniature vases were also left as an offering for goddess Artemis Orthia.
- This Aristaios plague is thought to have come from an important sanctuary at Sparta were the goddess Artemis Orthia was worshipped.
- The bronze pot was left as an offering for the goddess Artemis Orthia. In Greek religion people would leave offerings for gods for the hope of ensuring their help with something, Or to mark a special occasion.