NCVPS Latin Update
Early Calendar Latin I- Week of 12/8-12/12 LAST WEEK
Can you believe this is our LAST week? Where has the time gone? Thanks for all your help this semester. It's been a pleasure teaching your students. They are great kids and I'm glad I got to know them. Please take a close look at this week's flyer, as it covers our final and last minute notes. Thanks again for all your help and have a great holiday season.
Thanks again for all you've done!
Next week's schedule
Here is next week's schedule.
I do allow students to turn in any old or missed work, without penalty. To receive the credit, they MUST submit a list to me of the assignments that they have made up. This is mandatory so please remind them. Thanks!
The Final Exam
- Once the final is taken, you cannot go back and complete any work.
- Therefore, make sure before you begin it, that EVERYTHING is complete. I mean, everything, check it all. This includes any work from the first nine weeks, which, as I've said, if it is not submitted to me in a list, it will not be graded
- The final is open notes/book.
- You may not use any outside help, including online translators. Use of these will result in a zero.
- There is no time limit.
- Follow your school policy as far as taking it at home. If the school allows you to work at home, then you can work on it at home.
- You do not require a proctor.
- You may save it and come back to.
- MAKE absolute sure you save it. I've had some students work on it and not save it. IF that happens, there is NOTHING I can do.
- You may only take it once.
- I will not reopen it or answer any questions about it once you start it.
- It counts as 25% of your entire grade. The other 2 nine weeks count as the other 75 %. To calculate your final grade
- First nine week grades x .375
- Seconde nine weeks grade x .375
- Final exam x .25
- Add all numbers together.
- So, as an example, if you had an 86 for first nine weeks and a 90 for the second nine weeks and you make a 95 on the final you would do this:
- 86 x .375=32.25
- 32.25 + 33.75 + 23.75 =89.75 (which would be your final grade for the class)
- Please let me know if you have any questions or need any clarification. Thanks!
The link above will show you this week's Latin Live calendar. This is basically a teacher who is available in a digital classroom to go over topics. We've had great success with this, so please encourage your student to attend, if they need some extra help.