Board Meeting Summary
April 26th, 2023
President Snider called the Special Board meeting to order at 6:30 pm. After roll call, Secretary Cassens read the official results of the April 4th, 2023 election. Jane Martz, Chelsey Heckman, Chad Waller and Tony Dunlap were elected to four-year terms and Augusta Witt was elected to a two-year term. Per Illinois School Code, Superintendent Dr. Kashner swore in the newly elected board members.
Information regarding Old Business, New Business, and the Superintendent Report is listed below.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:17 pm
- approved Steve Snider as Board President, Anthony Preston as Vice-President, and Augusta Witt as Secretary. All of these positions will remain in place through April 2025.
- approved renewal of contracts in force for district treasurer, board recording secretary, board policies, and professional services for the district.
- approved the schedule for regular BOE meeting dates for the remainder of the fiscal year: May 17th and June 28th. Both meetings will take place at EES at 6:30 pm.
- Reviewed and revised Board Committee Assignments. These committee assignments will remain in place through April 2025.
- Curriculum: Chelsey Heckman and Jane Martz
- Policy: Chad Waller and Tony Dunlap
- Facilities, Finance, and Transportation (FFT): Steve Snider, Anthony Preston, and Augusta Witt
Personnel and Job Vacancies
The following personnel options were approved:
- Rhonda Wade - Special Education Teacher