Alpenglow School Newsletter
Home of the Snow Leopard
We would like to acknowledge that our school is on the traditional lands of the Dena’ina Athabascan people. It is with gratitude and respect that we recognize the past and present contributions of Alaska’s first people. Chin/an (thank you).
From the Principal
We are excited to welcome you and your child(ren) to the 2021-22 school year. All things are pointing to another incredible and productive school year. Alpenglow’s team of skilled and devoted staff is already planning and preparing for your child(ren). I am so delighted that you are part of our amazing learning community. I welcome and value your positive energy and dedication to excellence in education.
You may have noticed that we are still in the construction phase of our remodeling of our front office. During our construction project, you will need to enter the school through the Kindergarten doors.
Here are a few suggestions for you to consider before requesting placement change:
- Meet with the teacher with an open mind to voice your concern. Be very specific.
- Understand that in elementary school we're preparing children to be able to adapt to multiple teachers with different personalities. This is excellent for the social development of the child.
- Establish a communication plan with the teacher on the area of concern.
- Most importantly, understand that we all have the same goal and that is for your child to receive an excellent education, in a safe and nurturing environment, and for them to reach their full potential.
Students may be dropped off or arrive at school beginning no earlier than 8:45am. They will enter the building immediately and proceed to their classroom. Their teacher will be waiting for them inside. Class begins promptly at 9:00am.
Students are released from their classrooms at 3:30pm. Students walking home will immediately leave the school grounds. Students being picked up will stand outside with their teacher until their ride has arrived. Please pick your student up no later than 3:40pm.
- Mask wearing will be required inside the building and optional for students during outdoor recess.
- School volunteers and visitors are welcome. They will be required to follow District protocols and should not visit any ASD facility if symptomatic, COVID positive, or in quarantine.
- FREE lunch will continue for all students.
- We hope you can come to our Welcome Back Meet and Greet on the playground from 4:30-6:00pm on Friday, August 13. Please remember, masks will be required if we have to move inside due to rain.
- Class lists will be posted at 4:30 pm on the playground side of the building.