Eat healthy when you are eating out
By: Alyssa Baird
- Start meal with salad that has lots of veggies, Ask for dressing on side.
- Try to pick main dishes that have vegetables such as stir fry, kebobs, or pasta with tomato sauce.
- Order steamed, grilled, or broiled dishes instead of fried or sauteed
- Choose smaller portions.
- For beverages ask for water, fat-free or low-fat milk, unsweetened tea, or drinks that are not sugary.
- Ask for whole wheat bread instead of other breads, that it may come with.
- On long rides or if you are going to be gone somewhere for a while pack fresh fruit, cut up vegetables, low-fat cheese sticks or unsalted nuts.
- Half you're plate should be fruits and vegetables.
- Make half the grains you eat whole grains.
- Compare sodium in food