Bertram Family Connection
May 24th, 2021
- May 24th: Kindergarten Graduation, Bertram Elementary Pavilion - 6 pm
- May 25th: Bertram Family Picnic & Awards - Kinder, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Grades (See Below for Details)
- May 25th: 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony, Bertram Elementary Pavilion - 6 pm
- May 26th: 9:45 am Graduation Walk (Seniors visit Bertram & walk halls)! Sorry, no visitors.
- May 26th: Bertram Family Picnic & Awards - PreK, 1st, 5th, and Life Skills (See Below for Details)
- May 27th: Class Party Day, Fire Truck Day!, Early Release @ 12:25 pm - Last Day of School
- May 28th: Final Report Cards posted in Skyward
- June 1st: Summer Meals Program Begins
Registration Dance Parties were a hit!
If you were not able to register and need help from school staff, there are three upcoming sessions.
- Monday, May 24th, 2:00 – 6:00 p.m. at Burnet High School
- Tuesday, May 25th, 3:30 – 7:00 p.m. at the Professional Development Center (Student volunteers will be available to assist with young children at this venue from 4:30-7:00.)
- Wednesday, May 26th, 3:00 – 7:00 at Burnet Middle School
Registration can be completed online on the Skyward Family Access portal. Instructions can be found here. You can also call the office, 512-355-2111, and speak to Ms. Teresa, our registrar. She is glad to help!
Bertram Family Picnics - May 25th & May 26th!
We are offering families the opportunity to have lunch with their children as part of our end-of-year celebrations! Pack a blanket and lunch to join your child for lunch outside. We will observe social distancing and masks are optional. Teachers will be joining the picnic. Any child whose family cannot attend will eat on their teacher's blanket and enjoy the picnic too! PreK, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades will be giving out end-of-year awards during the picnic. As in years past, all Kindergarten students will be celebrated at their graduation on May 24th.
May 25 - Grades Kindergarten (10:45am), 2nd (12:45pm), 3rd (12:05 pm), and 4th (11:30am)
May 26 - Grades PreK (10:50am), 1st (12:35pm), 5th (11:25am) and Life Skills (12pm)
In order to accommodate all grade levels, we will have our picnics over two days. Lunch schedules will be strictly followed. Parents should arrive 15 minutes early to check in at the office to receive your visitor badge. Picture ID is required at check-in. Arriving early will ensure that you do not miss your child's lunchtime.
This is a strictly outdoor event. No access to the school building including restrooms will be available.
Fire Truck Day! Thursday, May 27th!
The front parking lot will be blocked from 8:15 am-11:45 am to accommodate student play! Please avoid lining up for dismissal until after 11:45 am. Please avoid picking your child up early on Thursday. We have a day of jam-packed fun planned for students. School will dismiss at 12:25 pm.
Yearbooks are on sale now
Books will be available for cash purchase at Kindergarten Graduation and 5th Grade Promotion ceremonies. Thank you for your continued support of Bertram Elementary!
Lunch Menu Changes
Tuesday- hot dog
Wednesday- sausage wrap
Summer Reading Supports!
Sora Sweet Summer Reads is free to all and available from May 5th through August 20th. There is a list of books for elementary and secondary students. Users will not need a library card, username, or password to access these titles.
Teaching Books is an engaging collection of resources that brings books to life - see attachment and login information below.
username - BurnetCISD
password - Bulldogs
Students can access digital books in two ways:
Use Audiosync to get a free code. Once you get the access code, follow these steps:
How do I set up Sora?
- Download Sora from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, or go to soraapp.com in your browser.
- In Sora, tap I have a setup code (at the bottom of the screen).
- Enter this setup code: audiobooksync.
- Enter the email address you used to sign up for SYNC.
- Tap Explore (at the bottom of the screen) to see the week’s featured titles [SYNC 2021 starts April 29]
You will be prompted to sync the Burnet County Library (Central Texas Consortium) using your zip code.
BCISD Offering Free Summer Meals for Children 18 and Younger
No form of identification is required, kids simply show up.
To find nearby meal sites and hours of operation:
1. Call 211
2. Text* FOODTX to 877-877
3. Visit SummerFood.org
*You will only be sent information needed to find meal sites. Your personal information will not be shared.
2021- 2022 BCISD Elementary School Supply List is Available Below!
The BCISD 2021-2022 school calendar can be accessed here. Be sure to mark your calendars!
Click here to log into Skyward Family Access to view your student's grades, attendance, progress reports, and report cards.
Daily In-Person Checklist
- Complete AT HOME self screening before getting on the bus or coming to school.
- Face coverings for all bus riders, and students in grades 1st-5th. Face coverings are strongly encouraged for PreK and Kinder. Remember wearing a face mask reduces your child's chance of having to quarantine for close contact.
- Bring your backpack including water bottle, snack, and lunchbox (if bringing lunch).
Visits to the school are by appointment. We will attempt to address situations by phone or Google Meet. In-person appointments can be scheduled if the situation requires. When visiting campus, please be prepared to show a valid photo ID.
If you do visit the school, face coverings are required for all adults at all times. This includes the office foyer area.
Due to COVID-19, we will not have any on campus volunteers at this time.
We are not accepting deliveries including forgotten lunches (hot meal will be provided by the cafeteria), birthday treats, and food orders.
If you need to make an occasional change to your child's transportation home, please use the Bertram Transportation Change email: email@example.com . Transportation changes must be emailed in no later than 1:30pm. Teachers will not be able to accept transportation changes.
Be familiar with the Arrival & Dismissal Map.
Complete an application for FREE or REDUCED priced lunch here. You can also add money to your child's lunch account by logging here.
Bertram Elementary School
- 7:15am Student Drop Off/ Breakfast
- 7:30am Office Opens by Appointment Only - Please call ahead
- 7:40am School Begins
- 7:45am Students arriving after this time are marked tardy
- 9:00am Students not in attendance are marked absent
- 1:30pm Any transportation changes DUE, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2:30pm All Early Checkouts must be complete - Remember to bring your picture ID to complete early check out
- 3:25pm Student Dismissal
- 3:45pm Office/School Closes