The Mumper Minute
Week of September 7, 2015
Notes from Mrs. Mumper
- Please make sure you check your child's Bees Book everyday for important papers.
- Please place all homework in the homework page protector. It is located in your child's Bees book. This is where I look for homework.
- September 7th no school
- September 10th - SPP Parent Advisory Council Meeting @ 6:00 pm
- September 24th - report card conferences/ no school for students - Sign up for a time here
- September 24th - Fall intersession beginnings
- October 12th first day back from fall intersession
- SPP reading challenge! Tweet a pic of your Mighty Mind reading at home. Use #sppbeesread and tag the Mighty Minds (@mumpersclass)! Can't wait to see the Mighty Minds reading at home!
WHAT IS REMIND AND WHY IS IT SAFE? Remind is a free, safe, and simple messaging tool that helps teachers share important updates and reminders with students & parents. Subscribe by text, email or using the Remind app. All personal information is kept private. Teachers will never see your phone number, nor will you see theirs.
- To receive messages via text, text @mumper to 81010. You can optout of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @mumper'.
- Trouble using 81010? Try texting @mumper to (336) 542-5685 instead.
- Or to receive messages via email, send an email to email@example.com. To unsubscribe, reply with 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
Phonics- double consonants and ck
Fluency - Accuracy
Vocabulary Strategy - Homophones
Grammar- proper nouns
Writing- Write to inform
Math- Place value
Social Studies- weather/water cycle
Story - Ugly Vegetables
Spelling city premium membership ($52.95) for the year
- Report card conference sign up sheet
- Reading Homework sheet
- Nightly Reading Log
- Spelling homework choice sheet
- Whoo's Reading online reading log
- Classroom rules, expectations, and procedures
- Mumper's Mighty Minds Handbook
- Curriculum Night presentation
- Mrs. Houseman's Welcome back Video
- Read to Achieve
- Common Core Video
- PBIS Student Assembly Video