Care for the Reproductive System
Kiran Nuetzmann, Rhylie Reynolds
- Mammograms screen for breast cancer.
- Women should get a mammogram.
- This exam should start around the age of 50, end around 74.
- A women should take a mammogram every 2 years.
- Pap Smears are used to test for cervical cancer.
- Women should get a pap smear.
- A person should start getting a pap smear within three years of starting sexual activity or the age of 21.
- A women should get a screening every three years after that.
- Testicular exams screen for changes in the testicules, such as lumps.
- Men should get a mammogram.
- This exam should be started around the teenage years, 15 - 35.
- Men should check themselves every month.
- Prostate exams check for bumps or hard areas in the rectum.
- Men should do prostate exams.
- Start around the age of 50.
- Men should get this exam with every 10 years.