Kostoryz Tiger News
October 10, 2017
Kelsie Morris, Principal
Stevie-Rae Garcia, Assistant Principal
Save the Date!
Oct. 9 – Columbus Day School Holiday
Oct. 9 - 13 College & Career Readiness Week
Oct. 11 - Individual Pictures
Oct. 11-13 Parent Conferences
Oct. 11 - Running Club Begins
Oct. 16 - 5th Grade Field Trip (Garcia & Prestero's homerooms)
Oct. 17 - 5th Grade Field Trip (Cobarruvias & Fish's homerooms)
Oct. 18 – Science Fair - Data, Conclusion, & Results due for grades 3-5
Oct. 19 - BESO Club Meeting
Oct. 27 - Campus Literature Parade and Trunk or Treat
Oct. 28 – Science Super Saturday 9:00-11:00 am
Nov. 3 – Science Fair
Kostoryz Newsletter Survey
Please help us by providing feedback on two short questions. We are working to make our school more innovative and make information easier to access for parents.
Help & Support Needed
Please, help us minimize disruptions to classroom instruction by making sure your child(ren) are prepared for the day with all necessary classroom materials, lunches, projects, and special instructions. You are more than welcome to wait for your child’s lunch time to hand deliver any needed items for the day. Office staff will only handle emergencies and cannot deliver snacks or lunches to classrooms or call the classrooms to give directions for pick-ups. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
To culminate Red Ribbon Week and prepare for our Trunk or Treat event, we are having a campus Literature Parade on Friday, October 27. Students are invited to dress up in costumes that represent a storybook character.
Please read the information below regarding costumes and criteria to participate.
Costumes must represent a storybook character.
Students must bring a copy of the book they are representing.
Costumes must be appropriate and not see through or revealing.
Scary costumes and masks are not allowed
No pretend weapons or swords
Odds & Ends
- Slime, Play-Doh, gum and putty is not allowed at school.
- Cough drops need to be turned into the nurse and cannot be carried with students.
- Science Fair is mandatory for grades 3-5.
- Please check your child's Class Dojo page for important information for their class.
- Please check with your child to complete daily homework and reading logs.
Kostoryz Trunk or Treat
Friday, Oct. 27th, 5-6pm
3602 Panama Drive
Corpus Christi, TX
Please join us for a SPOOKTACULAR time on October 27th from 5-6 pm for the Kostoryz Trunk or Treat. Students are welcome to wear their Halloween costumes. Halloween costumes must be appropriate for elementary age students. Trunk of Treat events will be held in the school parking lot.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
School Hours 8:00-3:25
- Please call the office on the day of the student’s absence to report the reason for the absence at 361-878-2540. You can also email Gloria.Joyal@ccisd.us to report a student's absence.
- A written note is our required documentation upon the student's return.
- Students arriving after 8:15 or leaving before 3:10 will receive a partial day absence per district policy.
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
School hours are 8:00-3:25
- Panama Drive is a one –way street before and after school
- Please use cross-walks and do not drop off/pick up students in the street.
- Students may arrive at school at 7:30 am. Prekinder students will stay in the prekinder hallway until their teacher arrives. All other students will go to the cafeteria.
- Please talk to your students about "Stranger Danger". Have a plan for your child if they walk home from school.
- Due to safety issues and to safeguard instructional time, we ask that you kindly wait outside by grade level dismissal area. Students will be escorted to dismissal area by teachers. Older siblings will be released to go to where the youngest siblings in the family are and will be released from there. During inclement weather, all students will be picked up from their classrooms.
- PLEASE HAVE A PLAN IN PLACE FOR DAILY PICKUP.
- PALS classrooms
- Pre-K, Kindergarten and First Grade - pavilion
- Second Grade - by assigned classroom
- Third Grade - Carroll Lane
- Fourth Grade – Panama Drive
- Fifth Grade - Panama Drive