Mrs. Bertsche and Mrs. Gilbert
Classroom Newsleter Week of August 26, 2013
What We Are Learning
Reading –As we start reading we will be learning about the front cover, back cover, spine, title, author, and illustrator. Students are also encouraged to ask questions while reading. Students will also be learning he difference between a story and a poem.
Math – Working on the number 1, the shape circle, and counting out a certain number of objects.
Color Words – This week we will be working on the color yellow.
Letters – We will be working on the upper and lower case leter "Bb". Please work with your child on all their letters and sounds.
Sight Words – please make flashcards and practice the sight words I, am.
Writing - We will be working on writing your child's name, the number and word 1, capital and lower case lettter "Bb", yellow, I , am.
· Story (“Am I?”): Please practice reading the story with your child. Work with your child every night on this story so that your child can read it perfectly to me on Friday. Please practice reading the title of the story with your child too.
· Sight Words: Make flashcards and practice our sight words with your child daily: I, am (if you need notecards please let me know; do not get rid of these; you will add to these every week)
· Writing Worksheet: Please practice tracing “B”, “b”, yellow, I, am, 1, one. On the line after each you practice writing each (all the way across the line).
· Yellow Worksheet: Please write your name at the top.
Other Classroom News
* Please make sure you are checking your child's rocke folder and behavior chart every night.
* Please make sure you are checking and signing your child's behavior chart every night.
* If you have any notes to send in, please put them in the rocket folder.
* If you are sending money in please put it in a sandwhich bag or an envelope saying what the money is for and put it in the rocket folder.
* Please do not allow your child to bring toys to school unless it is for an assignment.
* Please work with your child on zipping up coats and jackets and tying their shoes. After winter break we will not be doing this for the children any more.
*School fee of $55 is due for your child (if you have not paid). When you send it in please put in envelope marked school fee and put in their rocket folder.
*If you have not filled out and sent in the paperwork in the yellow folder, please do that ASAP.
- September 2nd: NO SCHOOL
- September 18th: Picture Day